Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Lake - New Brighton
Fishing from the dock hasn't produced anything that's in season. Here we are, two weeks from opener and people are catching walleye and northern pike in the shallows. Some nice walleye are biting also.

Wednesday night I measured a 17 1/2 inch fish for a regular there. He was tempted to keep it but decided he'd like to keep his fishing license instead. Smart guy. Hehe.

Now if this warm weather holds up, the panfish should start coming in shallow again. Can't wait! I need to catch dinner for people.
[signature]
Hey DDR, How's Long Lake for bass? -MDT
[signature]
Bass are in there but you rarely see them. It's more of a crappie, pike, and walleye lake. And the walleye can be hard to find.
[signature]
Thanks! I'm fairly new to the area. Do you know what the good bass lakes are around St. Paul. I did have Long on my list to eventually check out. I was going to try Johanna next. Although, it might be Josephine. I think they are close, but Josephine is bigger. I caught about a 5lb large mouth at Pickerel (I think) this weekend. I'm guessing 4-5lb, but it was just shy of 20". That's a real quiet lake right here in between St. Paul and Lillydale.
[signature]
md,

That's a very good question. I'm not very familiar with the St Paul area lakes. I hear that Josephine can be a good lake for bass. I actually caught my first ever Largemouth on Johanna in the lillypads. Owasso might be a good lake to try as well.

Give me a couple days to do some research and I'll come back with an answer. Or, if you want, lets just get together and explore for ourselves. I've been wanting to do more bass fishing anyway.

But this week is Carp week. Preparing for the carp contest at Coon Rapids Dam on Saturday. I plan on being up there every evening around 6:30pm in preparation.
[signature]
Thanks! I think I'll try Johanna this weekend. Or maybe Gervaise/Keller. I'll let you know how it was. Good luck in Coon Rapids.
[signature]
That's great! Maybe we can hit it together some time. I've got the camera!
[signature]
First things first.

Welcome to BFT! Sign up, get a real fake name (like mine), and enjoy all the extra benefits... all for free!

Now to answer your question:

Nope. 694 and Long Lake Rd.

The fishing has been on and off lately from what I've heard. Mostly off though.
[signature]