Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bassin on Lake Livingston (Carolina Creek area)
My wife and I were able to get on the water yesterday, 11-10-02, and went up Carolina Creek around the first cove on the left. Here there are a lot of cattail reeds and structure dropoffs that usually produce some pretty good fish. Today was no exception. On her third cast, the wife hung a pretty good one, but didn't get her hook set, and lost it before boating the fish. After catching a few smaller fish, I hung a nice 3-4 lb., largemouth on a 1/8 oz, white skirt w/ silver head, single spinner. This was the big fish of the day for us. Weather has been back and forth between hot/cool, rain and sun, over the past week or so and flood waters are now back in the lake. Water is holding at about normal level now, so getting into those hot spots should be a little easier. I would have included the picture, but couldn't find the attachment area.Good luck to all.
[signature]
texlwedge,
Welcome to the BFT message boards! Thank you for your report on your angling at Lake Livingston in the Carolina Creek area. If you want to post a pic to your report, just send it to me and I will post it for you! you can find my addy in my profile. Just slick on my handle to the left of this post (ssor).
Again welcome abord ![Smile]
[signature]
Hi , lonehunter here ,

I see it's been a while since you have been to the BigFishTackle boards . With the spring runs about to begin I thought this would be the perfect time to get you reaquanted with the boards and into the free contests here . We not only have the weekly tackle give -a -way for members but we also have the 16 species contest and the product testers wanted board as well . if you need any help at all stop by the michigan board and give me a shout , i'll be right on it .

Thanks !

your fishing pal , lonehunter
[signature]