Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worms
Looking for different ways to rig plastic worms. I haven't ever had much luck with them so I figured I look for new ideas
[signature]
You can fish plastic worms a bunch of different ways. Texas rig, wich is weedless witha sliding bullet shaped sinker. Split shot rig wich is generally weedless with a split shot, size of your choice,pinched on the line 12"-24" above the worm. This is very effective in shallow water to about 10'or 15' Drop shot rig for deaper water, but still very effective shallow. Carolina rig this is used with a slip sinker of your choice, and a leader seperated by a swivel, and sometimes a bead between the slip sinker and swivel to act as a clacker to produce noise. Also worms can be rigged weedless,without weight,and fished on top in the weeds.If the worm your using is heavily salted then a Wackey rig or weedless rig without a weight will produce a very effective slow fall action. There are a ton of different ways to fish a plastic worm. I would go out and just start trying some of them and use what works for you.
Good luck!
James
[signature]
Thanks I will have to give those ideas a try
[signature]