Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Trailhead Fees
I'm tired of paying to park when Fishing, I've fought long and hard to keep our lands open to the Outdoors and now I need your help.

The Money collected at trailheads is supposed to go to the specific area where collected and it does not, it is directly deposited into the general fund in oregon and then the small percentage dolled out after collection costs and counting is grouped into a even smaller fund.

We need to stop this experimentation of new taxes and I need your help by Wednesday.
[font "Arial"]Here is your Answer to stop the Fees, [/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"][#0000ff]You MUST SUPPORT SJM 4[/#0000ff]: [/font] [font "Arial"]Senate Joint Memorial 4 WEDNESDAY May 25th, 2005 8:30 AM
[/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [/url] Agriculture and Natural Resources
Office: 453C Phone: 503-986-1674

Date: Wednesday-May 25 Time: 8:30 A.M. Room: HR C Public Hearing and Possible Work Session SJM 4 Urges United States Congress to repeal Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"]Call 503 -986-1674, Ask to speak to Senators RINGO, GEORGE who support doing away with FEES to Park.[/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"]Email your Senators from this list:[/font] [font "Arial"][font "Times New Roman"][url "mailto:rep.billydalto@state.or.us"]rep.billydalto@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.brianboquist@state.or.us"]rep.brianboquist@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.chuckburley@state.or.us"]rep.chuckburley@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.terrybeyer@state.or.us"]rep.terrybeyer@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.karenminnis@state.or.us"]rep.karenminnis@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.pattismith@state.or.us"]rep.pattismith@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.arnieroblan@state.or.us"]rep.arnieroblan@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.chuckburley@state.or.us"]rep.chuckburley@state.or.us[/url]
[url "mailto:rep.markhass@state.or.us"]rep.markhass@state.or.us[/url] [/font]

Join Hundreds of other Oregonians, Show UP at the Capitol on Wednesday. Meet with Miners, Loggers & Ranchers and Outdoor recreationalists that know that Freedom to see YOUR Lands does not mean another Permit. Out of State Tourism dollars will Increase.[/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"]Print this out and paste it all over town, This Message brought to you by a GOLDMINER, Quadrider, Hunter, Fisherman, Off-Roader[/font]
[signature]
I'm pleased to inform you that I fought for you and all outdoors recreationalists this morning after keeping a two year long communication open with Robert Funkhouser ( NO-FEE Coalition, friendly to Miners )and asked to come forward for him.

When I spoke after Rep.Gringo said his favorable piece, I addressed them and made them aware that this coming weekend is a major holiday weekend. I told them that each and everyone of them was going to be recreating in some form or another in some location, and that their choices of location should no be based on how much they can afford to pay in fees, or if they have the proper pass ( We have 7 different passes in the Salem Oregon vicinity alone, I believe currently ).

I brought light to the well known KATU/KOIN News report not 3 weeks ago, that stated the forest service is 13% larger in administrative power and yet is closing 14 campgrounds & facilities. I asked them "Where is the money going?, How is it that it takes 2/3rds of the money collected to be used to collect the money in the first place?, What will we have left at this current rate to recreate in?"

They resoundingly perked up with these questions and could not answer them. They voted unamiously to push this all the way through and urge Congress to get rid of these fees.

I stayed for a brief moment afterwards but when I left the room, I was chased after by Rep. Chuck Burley ( He walked right out of the current discussion ) and stopped me to shake my hand and thank me for being the only person in Oregon to come forward this morning and testify.

I have one unique fight left to finish, thank you for letting me help you help yourselves.

PS....> Burley stated that your emails and calls from this forum were overwhelming, and he supports outdoor rights and getting timber lands to what they were before to help get the economy going so the citizens will be relieved of this burden.

NICE JOB TO ALL WHO HELPED.
[signature]