Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 6/18 report
Fished Strawberry yesterday with a neighbor. Spent far too much time at the start catching minnows. The minnows weren't near the ramp and when I found them they were in quite deep water so most of them would scatter before the net would reach them. It was a windy day, and those we spoke to were catching a few fish, but it was slow. We managed to get 7 fish in the boat and to lose about the same number on long releases.
[signature]
Hey Kent , Thanks for the report .What time did you get started throwing for minnows ? They hang close to shore before the sun comes up when I been there , but that is because they are in fear for there life . Wish I could be there but my fishing is not lately . Maybe by the time the ice comes back I can go again . I might sneek up one of these nights on my tube and find a free parking spot .
[signature]
Hi Randy, we first started looking for minnows at about 6:45 AM. I managed to get a mighty seven of them near the boat launch and surrounding docks. I bagged that idea and went by boat over to the rental docks and caught them near the shore in that area. Standing on the bow and using my electric trolling motor to ease up on them worked well. Strawberry was my second choice, I really wanted to go to Utah Lake and fish for the cats, but the wind scared me away from Utah Lake, and with all of the wind from the day before Utah Lake had to have the consistency of gravy on Saturday anyway. I experienced something on Saturday that I have never witnessed before. I caught a cutt that jumped out of the water twice.
[signature]
You want something to go air borne go for the kokes . They would be air borne before I could get the rod out of the holder trolling . Rainbows are a good choice too . That cutt must of thought it was a bow . They do jump every once in a while .
[signature]
Kent you are already acouple strawberry trips up on me these strawberry reports are making me want to go. I need to take a brake from willard and pineview and get up there.
[signature]
I didn't think you fished on Sunday's Kent[Wink] Did you guys catch any big ones up there?
[signature]
You are right I don't fish on Sundays -- dang early halfeimers! No big ones -- they were all cutts, and in the slot, with the largest only going 17 1/2 inches. Even with fishing with about a 6 inch minnow (I usually don't even try one that large) we still couldn't attract a bigger fish. I am still pleasantly surprised to see how heavy the cutts have gotten at Strawberry. As a result, they sure fight a lot harder and longer than they used to before.
[signature]
Yep Mike you do need to get up there soon (although the two trips I have made it up there the fishing has been slow). I need to get up there again with you and get more confidence in jigging for them from a boat.
[signature]
Lets plan a trip Kent.
[signature]
We need to, I am working on cloning myself and also my boat, so I can fish Willard, Utah Lake, Strawberry, Deer Creek and a few other places all at the same time. I sure hope it works, because I want to hit them all.
[signature]
Let me know if and when you want to go. In a couple weeks I am going with or with out you.
[signature]
I am taking my new boat out on Sunday to the bubble up to try for some more big cats. If anyone is there, look for the seadoo jet boat that is trying to be a fishing boat. Wink
[signature]
"[size 1]I am working on cloning myself and also my boat, so I can fish Willard, Utah Lake, Strawberry, Deer Creek and a few other places all at the same time."[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]If you can develop this cloning thing let me know so I can send "MYSELF" to work while "I" go fishing![/size]
[signature]
[size 1]"If you can develop this cloning thing let me know so I can send "MYSELF" to work while "I" go fishing!"[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[black]Pat, I have already developed that one. Every day I fish at least from Idaho to Southern Utah, and sometimes even farther away, and I catch large fish and lots of them at every place I fish -- ALL WHILE I AM AT WORK! Although I am at work, my mind can be anywhere it chooses to be, and I find it often chooses to be fishing. [/black]
[signature]