Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Area Fishing Report
[size 6][font "Times New Roman"]Tampa Bay Area [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 6]Fishing Report[/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Captain Charles Walker[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]12/01/02[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Well, at least I got one great day of fishing between windy days last week. The grouper were chewing the bottom of the boat off. We got lots of keepers and tons of throw-backs, some nice mangrove snapper, and really big grunts. I haven’t had a day this good in ages. Too bad they aren’t all that way any more. It looks like the coming week will be a copy of Thanksgiving week. Monday and possibly Tuesday will be nice with the winds shifting around and building for another front later in the week. It’s too soon to forecast next weekend though. If it’s nice, go get a couple of grouper. It should be good fishing for them with the new moon this week.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]On to the bait house reports:
Ruskin Bait and Tackle - 813-641-2325 – Cobia snook, reds and trout are being caught in good numbers this weekend. Some nice grouper are coming in from the Skyway. The backwaters around Bullfrog Creek and the Little Manatee are loaded with bait and the fishing is great.
Buddy’s Bait and Tackle on the Courteney Campbell Causeway in Tampa[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 813-287-1026 - Lots of trout around the bridge for catch and release fishing. Snook and reds are biting on shrimp and small pinfish around the creek and mangrove areas. The residential docks are producing well this week.
Trappman’s Bait and Tackle on Gandy Blvd in St. Petersburg[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 727-579-1414- Sheepshead are jumping on the hooks at the bridge. Mangrove snapper are still biting well at the bridge also and reds and snook are biting on the flats.
Pass-a-Grille Bait and Tackle on St. Pete Beach - 727-360-6606- Flounder are still coming off our gas dock. Our offshore boats are bringing in grouper and big grunts.
The Skyway Fishing Pier - 727-865-0668 and the south Skyway - 941-729-0117- Grouper are still biting on both piers this week. They are biting on pinfish, whitebait and blue runners. Sea bass, silver trout, whiting, and ladyfish are being caught as well.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Folks, feel free to call any of the places in my report for more information, and be sure to tell them that you read about the fishing in their area in Capt. Charlie’s fishing report on the Internet.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]If you want more information about fishing in the [/font][font "Times New Roman"]Tampa Bay area or wish to book a charter, simply e-mail me at captchas@flfish.com or if you wish to arrange a charter faster, call me at 727-546-7257. Be sure and visit my web site for lots more Tampa Bay Area fishing info at: [url "http://www.floridasaltwater.com/"][#0000ff]http://www.floridasaltwater.com[/#0000ff][/url] .[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Good fishing and tight lines,[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Capt. Charlie[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]http://www.flfish.com[/font]
[signature]