Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking up flyfishing!
I am taking a casting class this weekend and may pick up a rod, reel, and some of the basics. I do alright with an ultralight fishing for trout at the parks, but I think the fly rod would give me a few more options. I don't know a lot about fly selection so I may have to experiment with that a bit. I have been fishing a little jig that looks like a wolly bugger on a bigger head and have done with it so I hope the real thing will do even better. Wish me luck!
[signature]
I have been fly fishing for years and have yet to catch a fly with my fly rod.

My eye site ant so good any more....

Lots of luck...
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Good Luck! [/size]

[size 1]I wish I had some great pearls of wisdom on tossing a fly but I'm definitely still in that experimenting stage myself! Let us fly fishing beginners know any tips you pick up.[/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I've never tried flyfishing myself........I'd like to perfect one art before I start another.......I'd like to try it once,but it looks difficult.Good luck to you![cool]
[signature]
the only thing hard about fly fishing is hooking a fly in mid air. I wach folks for hours whipping their lines. never saw any one hook into one lol

actualy it is easer than you would think. the only hard part is making the flies. fortunatly for us we can buy them.
[signature]
What kind of fish does flyfishing usually work best for?I've seen people try to catch trout by flyfishing,but not many are very successful.
[signature]
gills crappie perch bass trout salmon and yes even carp

just about any fish that frequents the top 3 - 4 of water can be targeted with a fly rod
[signature]
Most of the time I will be fishing trout. There are several good springs and the tailwater of a dam near me that hold trout all year long. The flyfishing guys have been outdoing me and my ultra light so I had to give it a try. Some guys are posting 50 fish days on pan size or better trout on weekdays. Fishing the weekends it gets tougher, but they still do better than my ultra light. I plan on hitting the water for the first time next weekend. Wish me luck!
[signature]
Good luck![Smile]
[signature]
[center][font "Monotype Corsiva"][#ff0000][size 7]Luck![/size][/#ff0000][/font][/center] [center]hope its all good[/center]
[signature]