Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Real Mermaid Story
I was a HO YA US Navy Deep Sea Diver serving my time on a Junk Boat, USS GRASP ARS-51, out of little creek VA. We went up the ST. Lowrance sea way to rig and tow two army dredges back down to the states in the middle of December. While we were rigging 2 1/2 inch chain on deck the tie downs let go and I was thrown overboard into ice covered water. The chain landed on top of me and I was drug down to the bottom.

As I was on the bottom a mermaid came up to me and kissed me and released the chain from my back and swam me up to the surface, kissed me again and swam off. I was thrown a rope and was pulled up on deck and froze to the deck.

I saw her one more time while we were cruising in the gulf stream near the Bahamas. She came up to the boat at night and waved hi while I was on deck. I have never seen her again.

That is my story and I am sticking with it!
[signature]
They say that the ST. Lawrence is home to 7 Ft Muskellunges
and Carp over 50 pounds... so why NOT a mermaid too?? hehe!
[signature]
You got me on that one Susan but it is my story and I am sticking to it! Come to think of it looking back in the fog of time, it happened in either 85 or 86, You may be as pretty as she is, but that is looking back a long time ago! [Smile][Wink]
[signature]