Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Line set up
Could you cover the set-up from the end of the flyline to the end of the tippet and what goes in between? Thank you!
[signature]
Hey there DJR - will start from the beginning. 100’ feet of 20lb test backing. [backing available in 12, 20 & 30 wt] Tie fly line to backing with Albright knot Tie leader to fly line with Albright or nail knot. I like the nail knot since I have a tool for this knot. Tie tippet to leader with a double surgeons knot Tie fly to tippet with improved clinch knot Leader & tippet length will vary as will the test of each. The type of fishing will dictate requirements. Options  Some people will tie a length of 20 lb mono [about 10” long] to the fly line using an Albright knot and on the leader side a double loop knot. Many leader makers are now making leaders with a loop end to provide a quick change of a leader. One problem I found with this setup is that there is a tendency for the loops to get hung up on the tip guide. Don’t know if this is what you were looking for, if not let me know. 
[signature]
That looks really good, I forgot to start from the reel because mine already had flyline on it. I will ask you anouther question on a new post. Thanks for the info, Dan
[signature]