Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
salmon steelhead trout
i visited a site i have participated on for a few years and was Saddened by what i saw , again .the moderator was forced to remove all of the posts and enter a warning about unexceptible conduct on his board . he's a hardworking and well respected person on his site , i know it was a difficult decision for him . i belive his board is dedicated to the diehard michigan flyfisherman and he dose a fine job moderating it .
all of the posts were removed, the reason , because members were attacking other members. the attacks were not based on race creed or religion but because of thier fishing methods . it was a site that fostered my knowledge for fishing for salmon steelhead and trout . for me fishing for these fish is a little more than a pastime now .
it is a sport that i have a passion for , it is part of my lifestyle but it dosen't consume me . i fish for every fish i can catch lawfully .
there are some fishermen that have a steadfast belife that these species of fish can only be cought using flys , anything else is unexceptible , that's their lifestyle , their choice , and i commend them for upholding their personal beliefs . i flyfish and i tie my own flys . i do not snag for fish as most of the posters on it imply , i take each and every fish i catch lawfully . using bait or spoons is not snagging .

The sudan , Russa, CUBA, afganastan , WWII Germany and others had leaders that belived only their way was the only way . those same flyfishermen i've known would lay there lives down in a heartbeat to defend our country against those kind of leaders .
However , i don't rely on flys alone for trout and salmon i also use spinners , spawn and one of the greatest of natural baits , the worm . i don't follow the outdated belief in that salmon only eat flys , or don't eat at all once they enter a river during the spawn runs. i clean my own fish , i've seen the contents of their bellys .

because i use these other legal methods of fishing , i would be labeled a "baitchucker or a snagger " by the fly only fishermen i have shared many a stream and river with over the years . that Saddens me , i thought America is the country that became the #1 superpower in the world by having tollerant socicety .in my opinion ,each man has his own beliefs , and has the legal and god given right to walk (or fish ) in this great land of ours without harasment from others .

i am an active member on many, many fishingsites on the internet as are a few of my long time fellow members here at B.F.T. however , B.F.T. is more than just another fishingsite to us , it is our home port . we are always welcomed here as anyone else is , as family and as good friends.
i haven't participated in any group river cleanups in a couple years , but each and every fishing trip i go on i'm picking up litter left behind by others . i haven't done a riverwatch , but yes i do call the authorities on poachers , ("illeagle lead slingers")and those who take an "over the legal limit" of fish .
which is worse , one day a year cleaning up trash or a year full of countless trashbags of debris removed from our waterways . the answer is neither , it dosen't matter as long as the trash is removed . the same answer applies to those who poach , let us be rid of them .
I have in all my years here as moderator i had only one post to remove because someone attacked another members prefrence of fishing style . that is unquestionably a tribute to the quality of our staff , members and visitors here at B.F.T.
us moderators do our work for free , unpaid , and we don't mind one bit , our membership is free , we don't spam , but we do offer chances for our members to recive prises just for participating on the site .
to sum things up , you won't be called a bait chucker here , you won't be shuned for using lures , and you won't be labeled a hipocrit for using flys . you will be called , friend , brother (or sister) , fellow fisherperson and my favorite word ," pal ".
feel free to discuss any particular kind of fishing style or species of fish you would like to here at B.F.T.
After all , fishing is what us fishermen are all about .

the above message is my own opinion and not the opinion of B.F.T. OR IT'S MANAGEMENT ,ADVERTISERS OR ANY OTHER AFILIATION OF THE OWNERS .
"LONEHUNTER"
[signature]
sounds like you got a little burned over on the other site. Dont tell what site it is, he has enuff problems rebuilding his board.

I see them guys on the river and when they rub me the wrong way I remind them that fishing is a brotherhood and it aint a matter of what you are flinging (unless snagging of corse) if we fail to work together then we all loose to the Peta's of the world who would just love to hear rumblings in the ranks..... and beleive you me, they are watching for it so they can use it any way they can as a tool to say it is not a sport and has a negitive impact on our social invironment....

In other words if we cant play peacefuly then how in a trouts pond can we expect to hold together when we are faced with real littigations threattinging our way of live weather we are bait chuckers, spoon flippers or fly spinners?

This site is hard to beat, Most of our resident anglers here are seasoned various types of fishing. We learnded the benifits of each method. You never know when you may need to rely on one method or another should you ever get stranded on an island during a fishing trip for a couple weeks.

This happened to my dad and several of his hunting and fishing buddies. He found out in a hurry what kind of friends they realy was, the packed in provisions would not have been shaired with my dad so he had to rely soley on what he could catch during the fog and rain storm that cept the plan from landing. When their provisions ran out three days they turned to my dad to fead them cause they had not the survival skills.

neadless to say they would have starved after a week and a half of no food had my dad behaved in the same mannor his companions did.
[signature]
lol, i didn't get burned [Wink] .
some of those guys will be looking for a place like B.F.T.
nobodys going to judge them for their fishing style here .
i had a pretty good day at tippy today , my only regrets was that i was using some old shakespere 4# test line , i lost two nice fish , cought a dosen or so bows and browns .
didn't keep any of them , all just under the 15" rule .
i woulda had pics but the water is high below the coffer and i didn't want to risk the camera if i took an unexpected swim .
and yes , i came close several times on those swims[blush].
[signature]