Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Fork Report & Pic
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Repeat customer Michelle Redfearn with her new biggest bass ever, caught on a Carolina rigged Lake Fork Baby Creature:[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 050819michelle2.jpg][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]This week at Lake Fork remains fair for both size and numbers, although it seemed to be improving late in the week. The fishing patterns have basically remained the same, so much of this report is a repeat. Numbers are still averaging around 20, depending on what pattern you concentrate on. For numbers of fish, shallow cover early and late and schooling bass during the day are your best option. For bigger fish, deep diving crankbaits for suspended bass and bass relating to mid-depth structure (10’-18’) or Texas & Carolina rigs fished methodically through heavy cover in deeper water (15’-28’) are the best options. I’ve mainly concentrated on the bigger fish out deep, so my report will cover that pattern. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fork’s water level has continued to slowly drop, currently sitting at 400.90’, about 2’1” below full pool. The water remains a stained green color, due to algae blooms. Water temps cooled to the mid-80s last week but were back into the upper 80s and low 90s over the weekend.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The location pattern has stayed the same, although many of the big fish have been suspending instead of holding on the bottom. Many bass are still relating to humps, ridges and points outside spawning bays while others are camped on traditional summertime haunts that are well offshore. With the thermocline effectively creating a deep boundary for the bass at about 28’, I’m concentrating on structure that is 15’ to 28’ deep. Structure that tops out near the thermocline has been especially good. Timber, whether it is standing, submerged, or in brush piles, has been the key cover. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Deep diving crankbaits in shad patterns have been generating some strong strikes. Find bass with your electronics on drops and rises in 10’ to 18’ and bump bottom cover with your crank or for suspended fish over 18’ to 30+’, use a stop and go retrieve to trigger these fish. On deep structure from 15’ to 28’, Carolina rigged Lake Fork Baby Creatures in shades of green and Texas rigged Lake Fork 8” worms in Blue Fleck or Watermelon/Red will produce big fish when slowly brought through heavy timber. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s hoping you catch the lunker of your dreams. If I can be of assistance, please contact me at 214-683-9572 (days) or 972-635-6027 (evenings) or e-mail me through http://www.LakeForkGuideTrips.com, where your satisfaction is guaranteed.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Good Fishing,[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Tom [/font][/size]
[signature]
Tom,
That is one nice fish. Thank you for posting the pic. Also i want to thank you for the great report and look forward to your next report. Thanks for the info on the deep fishing hunt for that lunker too.
[signature]
Thanks!!
[signature]