Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jig Dipper
Anyone every used one of those jig dippers? i just picked one up and was hoping that someone had some experiance with them.
[inline i318284sq01.jpg]
[signature]
wow what a sweet lookin set up....

looks like a real time saver, wished I had thought of that [crazy]

only one draw back, I can buy the painted ones at the same price as the unpainted ones.... 5 for a dollar...

I am guessing you are pouring your own jigs. might I ask the cost per jig head?
[signature]
yes i do pour my own stuff. i figure that with paint, hooks and everything i can make a jig head for less then 7 cents each, and when you pour your own you can make stuff you cant find in stores
[signature]
That is a real good price... where do you get your lead?

Lead is a bit expencive in my hood. I scrape up what I can off the sides of the roads. (wheel waigts) I will have to do sum more shopping.
[signature]
ive had a couple guys off the site give me over 200lbs
[signature]
Petty,

Where did you find the jig dipper? That looks like it would solve some problems for me. I make all of my own Salmon and Steelhead jigs. Dipping them one at a time is well... slow.

zonker
[signature]
i got it out of the cabelas catalog. i use it for putting my white primer coat on all my smaller jigs. it seams to work pretty good.
[signature]
Thanks. I'll check it out.

zonker
[signature]
[#505000]Hey Dave, be careful using wheel weights. They are a hard lead alloy which can cause you a lot of quality problem when you try to cast with them. It can be done, but it's a lot harder to do.[/#505000]

[#505000]You can usually find soft lead on Ebay is decent quantities.[/#505000]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Dave,
You can get lead often for decent prices (usually around .40 p/pound) at plumbing supply stores or often at metal recyleries, etc. Also, try sending TubeDude a pm about it. He'd have some ideas too, as he's our local (to the board) jig/lure making expert. Dude has been pouring his own stuff for probably as many or more years than I've been on the earth (32 years).

As for me, I got lucky. My dad in-law used to be heavily into guns and target shooting so he made his own bullets/reloads etc., but for certain reasons doesn't do it anymore. Archery is now his thing, so lucky me just inherited about 40 pounds of the stuff. I'm set for many years now.

Good luck in aquiring your lead. Remember, soft pure lead is the good stuff and works much better than the tire weight stuff.
[signature]
you guys are right soft lead sure melts faster, I do have a few pounds of plumbers lead left over from the old industry,

the only thing I make are egg sinkers. and 40 cents per pound would be great. but beggers cant be choosy, I grab up what ever up I can.

you do have to be carefull smelting lead because it dose let off toxic gasses. and lead from eletrical.

aint no doubt about tubedude being at guru making jigs. I have seen a few shots of his handy work.
[signature]
neat jig dipper where can i buy one i pour my own jigs and like to paint them with that dpper send me an e mail please fpiku@comcast.net
[signature]
[Smile] It can be purchased from one of our sponsors Cabela's..the link is at the top of the page or
www. cabelas. com.

Happy shopping![url "http://www.cabelas. com"][/url]
[signature]