Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slowest day at strawberry ever.
People not Catchin.

Fished Strawberry from 6:00 am to 8:45 pm friday Sept 2nd. The fishing was good with about 35 fish apiece. But the gas prices must of kept everyone home as I only counted about a dozen boats all day. And I fished all over the lake from Solder Creek to the ladders. I have never seen a day with so few people at the Berry. Even on a wed. in the middle of winter there are more people on the big pond.

I was able to net about 100 chub minnows and we mostly drift fished with these. All fish were only lipped and quickly released unharmed to fight another day. Most of the fish were slot cutts. but we managed to catch three 7 to 9 inch fish, one being a rainbow.

One other interesting thing was we noticed about a dozen boils. Yes boils on Strawberry. There would be about 20 3-4inch fish coming out of the water. we were able to catch a half dozen 18 to 21 inch cutts by casting a rapala into the boils.
[signature]
Thats some good numbers. Did you only drift or did you do some trolling also? How deep are the fish besides the ones hitting the surface? I plan on going tommorow morning.
[signature]
MGB

The fish are still running down to 35 feet. I trolled for a while but the action was faster drifting.
[signature]
Fished strawberry today (Sunday) from 7:00am - 3:00pm. Went over to the ladders area where we fished last weekend and fished in the same spot. There was not as many fish but plenty to keep us busy. Last weekend we caught several over the slot but today we did not catch any over the slot most where between 20"-18". Between three of us we caught about 70. The weather was great with no wind untill 1:00 then it blew pretty good but thats when we had our best hour of fishing it was non stop catching.

After we took the boat out of the water I cast my net and netted about 20 shiners right at the boat ramp.
[signature]
You guys kick but out there . I think I only netted 15 and I stayed later than you . I tried for kokes and bows for a spell . No kokes but did manage a pig bow to the boat but it spit the jig on the third run . Honest , I had one on . [cool]
[signature]
Randy, I have never met I pelican that I can trust [:/]. Any other wittness besides that feathered creature?
All joking aside, Im glad you made it up there. Nice pic of the 20" cutt and sunrise.
[signature]
[signature]
Well did you see that yacht that was parked on my gps spot . What nerve they had . Well they did sneak a peek over my shoulder after hearing my reel sing . I was trying not to crowd them . LOL Crossineyes was right about the bows in there . I'm glad you didn't bring up that anchor thing , but would like to get that jig back . It was a good tug for me and would like to count it as a long release to help my count out . Trolled for kokes after you left and found some small cutts but did lose a pointer 78 to a unseen fighter down deep . Good thing I have some chubs now for dinner . Thanks for the help . LOL
[signature]
After warning us about watching out for that jigg when we pull the anchor in Hubbard (our buddy) got it stuck in his finger,its some where in my boat I will have to look for it. You lost a lot of line also but I threw it away.

We tried that gps point and caught a couple but it was not fast enough so we moved alittle.

That yatch that was parked out there was some people that we met up there afew weeks ago. They watched us reeling in fish after fish during our 3 day stay up there. They stoped trolling and started to squeeze in on us. We showed them how we where fishing for them so they stared to do the same thing. Last weekend I saw them and they where slaying them. Yesterday they recognized us and came over they must of seen us pulling afew fish in.
[signature]