Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 9-18-05
Headed up to strawberry this morning with VanMan and VanMan SR. Launched the boat at 7:00 and headed over to the Ladders/Knolls area. This area has be fantastic catching for the past six weeks but today we could only find a couple here and there. After a couple hours scouting that area we desided to relocate over to an area north of mud creek. This area was good fishing. Anchored in 35' of water and vertical jigged it. We must of caught about 50 or 60 cutts. One cutt was a 22 incher and a couple others where close to the 22 inch mark. Had one cutt drop her eggs right at the side of the boat when it surfaced. Slow start today but had some fast fishing to finish off the day.
[signature]
[signature]
Its weird that they are gone from the ladders area! Glad you finally found them though. I'm trying to figure out when I can get back up there again. Too much fun!
[signature]
Mike, the old man and I would like to thank you again for one of the best days we've ever had out on the water. Just think of how it would have been had we got into them sooner! As Mike mentioned it did start off slow, but once we were into them, it was one after another. We had about 7-8 double hook-ups, and 3 chances for a triple. It was great to finally be the one who is asked from other fishermen: "what's the secret?" Anyone that gets a chance needs to get a jigging lesson from MGB. The guy really knows his stuff, and I learned a lot from him. Thanks MGB for taking us out, and making us both feel welcome.
[signature]
I only boated one bow , no kokes , and about 15 cutts . Not bad when I spent a lot of time at the kokes . 35' was the depth at Mud Creek too . I stopped to view the spawners at the vistors center at dusk .
[signature]