Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Pro is a No-Go!
This isn't about a boat, but a boat product. More specifically, the dealer. I've had nothing but good experiances with bass pro up untill now. Read for yourselves and see what you all think. These are the emails about a product I ordered(or thought I ordered). Keep in mind that the emails are backwards in order. The first one you read is the last one that I actually recieved.

Below is a summary of recent activity relating to your account.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

[url "javascript:ol('https://basspro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/basspro.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php?p_userid%3dtarpon4me@hotmail.com%26amp;p_next_page%3dmyq_upd.php%26amp;p_iid%3d116401%26amp;p_created%3d1126132745');"]To update your question from our customer service site, click here.[/url]

Subject I ordered an 8' Atwood bimini top for my 20' center console boat. The problem... Discussion Thread Response (Megan) 09/14/2005 09:45 AM Bryan,
I have forwarded your email to American Rod and Reel (our wholesale division) since the purchase was made through a dealer.

Best regards,
Megan
Bass Pro Shops
2500 E Kearney
Springfield, MO 65898
1-800-BASS-PRO Customer (Bryan Draper) 09/13/2005 08:12 PM The name of the company I ordered the product from is as follows:

Wholesale Tackle Outlet

1817 Pamplico Hwy

Florence, SC

(843) 413-9967

The bimini top was not the only product I ordered from his cataloge. I also ordered two flush mount rod holders and a trailer tounge lock which arrived here today. They are exactly what I needed. The gentleman that ordered the products for me is trying to stop the making of the top so I can get a refund. My understanding is that it is a custom made top, once again new info for the store owner and myself, and it takes two to three weeks for them to arrive for this reason.

My goal is that if I can get this taken care of, I want to recycle the money into a high quality boat cover. I wouldn't have a problem with the top, however, I can't afford to buy the frameing for it at the moment, and it would be doing me no good sitting around the house. Myself AND the individual that ordered the top were both mislead and thought based on what we had seen it was the complete top and mounting system. The store owner and myself are doing what we can from this end. He has contacted an
individual VIA phone and is awaiting his phone call back tomorrow. I'm trying on my end VIA this email tag between you and I.

I understand this may seem like alot of hassle over a 120 dollar product, after all, Basspro is a multi-million dollar company. But, 120 bucks is alot to me. I get about 40 or 50 bucks every two weeks to play with. I have a budget set around everything, including boat opperation expenses. That leaves me just a little play money, because after all, fishing is serious business, not play time. By the time I put away enough to buy the framing with the little money my wife gives me out of my check, it'll be
winter and i'll have crapped away the cost of a bimini top I won't be able to use for almost 6 months. I'd even bargain for a set of returned frame work for that top, damaged or not, I can fix it. Send me a broke one in the mail and call it a day. Cut me a deal on a new set of frameing I can't pass up. Do something.

Like I said, i'd love to have the top I ordered. I've got a set of older folks with health problems(my parents and in-laws) that would love to be able to get out of the heat on the water. That was the whole point in ordering the top to begin with. Anyways, you have the info from the store that I ordered the top from. You have all the info that I know to give you. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope that we can find some common ground and get this worked out.

Bryan Response (Janice) 09/08/2005 08:48 AM Bryan,

Thank you for contacting Bass Pro Shops online. We appreciate you taking the time to email us with your comments. We always welcome compliments and criticisms from our customers. They allow us to evaluate and, if necessary, make changes in our performance to better serve you, the customer.

Checking on the web site and in two of the current catalogs it does say frame and fabric sold separately. It does not have the picture on the web site for the 8' frames like it does for the 6' frames. I requested the IT department add the picture for the 8' frames to the web site.

To check on your order I need the order number or the name, address and phone number of the dealer you purchased the top through.
Did you check on the Bass Pro web site or did the dealer? Did he have any catalogs with the bimini tops listed?
The item number for the frame is 38-581-714-00 this is for the 82"-88" BEAM 8'L X 54" the cost is $124.99. You can find additional beam widths in the 2005 marine catalog on page 109 or in the 2005 master fishing catalog page 481.
The top material may be returned for a refund.

Best regards,
Janice
Bass Pro Shops
2500 E Kearney
Springfield, MO 65898
1-800-BASS-PRO Customer (Bryan Draper) 09/07/2005 05:39 PM I ordered an 8' Atwood bimini top for my 20' center console boat. The problem is that it's just the top. It's not illustrated on the website or in the book that it's just the top material..... And if it is, it's in such fine print that if you don't know where it is you won't see it. This situation is unsatisfactory. The most important part of the entire set up is the frame work, I can get a top made anywhere. I ordered the top from a bass pro shops dealer here in Florence, SC. Even he didn't know that it was just the top. The majority of the people that order products don't want, and most definately can't afford grey area or fine print. They want the product, no questions asked, and no surprises. Now, i'm stuck with a top that I fear I won't be able to afford to put the frame under and mount to my boat. Based on the above information, I have a couple of questions:

1. Just how much more is the frame? 84" is center to center on the beam of my boat.

2. How will Bass Pro help to resolve this problem?

It's understood that the ordering process is a matter of time and trial and error. You can't work out all the bugs all at once, usually you have to wait until one arrises. The catalog is very misleading in this area and needs to be revised. I'm also going to illustrate this problem on bigfishtackle.com to include your response and resolution to this situation. I feel it's important that all our fellow fishermen and boaters alike nation wide are kept up to speed as to which companies talk the talk, and which ones walk the walk.
[signature]
I take back all previous statements. I suppose the right people got the message and they took care of the problem. They sent me the pole set half off and they are revising all thier cataloges so the next one to come out won't have the same problem.
[signature]