Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHBITES brand bait
Has anyone had any exrerience with the fishbites bait i keep hearing about .A web site I view about surf and pier fishing down here on south Padre Island, is always showing fish caught from reds to pompano to shark. And they always say "BAIT USED" "caught on FISHBITES.It is a bait that is precut in various shapes,it is colored and is saturated with an attractant ( stimulant, as the add calls it). If anyone know much about it please fill me in.

THEgame

P.S. Did you know the word pompano is not in a our fishing site, forum, spell check dictionary.It's fixin to be .
[signature]
well I guess I will reply to my own post.I tried FISHBITES and so far I am impressed.I caught witing in the surf on it .Then I experimented with it a little in the ship canal.I fished with a bare half oz. gold spoon for a while and had only a couple strikes.Then I put one of the small white fishbites on the spoon as a trailer.I caught specks and mangrove snapper on it.I started just pitching the spoon out there and letting the gold spoon sink to the bottom.The fish would come a long and pick it up off the bottom. Iv'e got more experiments to try in the future.

You only get so many bites in you life.So don't feel, look , are think .Just cross their eyes.

The Game
[signature]
The Game,
You are correct that pompano needs to be in the spellcheck.
I was still trying to find some individual replies about the FISHBITES bait's. I was not sucessfull. I am glad you gave them a try. I hope you keep us up to date on the differant species that this product seems to affect.
I have not looked on the avilability on line yet. I will have too do it soon as The Get Together in Poprt A. is getting close with only around 60 days to the start. If I don't get some of this soon I will get ahold of you to bring me some then. I definatly want and need to give this product a try.
Thanks for your update.
As this Texas Board grows a Question like yours will get sooner responces.
Keep posting the questions and it will help the growth of our playground and remember it is what we make of it. With time we can become the most populer Texas forum on the net!
[signature]
I believe you can buy fishbites online at fishbites.com.I have heard that the color can make a little differents.I think this is due to the differents in water color, clarity and/or light penetration.The green ones are recomended by a few other fishermen. The stimulant attracts the fish then maybe it can zero in on the color better.Who knows.They definitely work and stay on the hook very well.

more later
[signature]
Thanks much. Did your weather ever clear up and allow you to hit the water?
[signature]
I posted a fishing report today. I think I titled it SPI surf and inshore Feb 13. I just sent you an e-mail also.
[signature]
this fish bite thing you are talking about, is it like a marchmellow thing that you just stick on a hook?
[signature]
No, It's about 1/8 " thick and looks like sythetic leather.They come in a few different shapes colors.The ones i use are white and semi triangle shaped. If you like you can see and read more at www.fishbites.com
[signature]