Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Fork Report & Big Bass Pics
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This 10.68 lb beauty is the best remedy I’ve found so far for my fall allergies:[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 051014tom1068.jpg][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Andrew with a nice bass on a Lake Fork Baby Ring Fry:[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 051013andrewsanchez.jpg][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Only 22.24 lbs short of the world record:[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 051013randal.jpg][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The bass at Lake Fork remain scattered from the backs of creeks in inches of water to deep main lake points and humps. We’re also starting to catch big fish on a more regular basis again, including a 10.68 lb lunker on Friday. The recent warm days with little wind have caused us to change our presentation from last week’s patterns for windy and cloudy cool days; however, the bass are still in about the same general locations as they have been for the last couple of weeks.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fork’s water level has continued to slowly drop, currently sitting at 399.77’, about 3’3” below full pool. The water clarity is still slightly stained in the main lake from the turnover while it is crystal clear in many coves. Water temps have warmed up to the mid to upper 70s. The height and coverage of grass has been reduced during the draw down, but the grassy areas you find are holding a lot of fish.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Topwaters have been very productive some mornings and all day on cloudy days. Shad colored Chug Bugs and Zara Spooks have produced fast action around pad fields and over grass mats. Small spinnerbaits in white and shallow or medium running crankbaits have also worked early in the morning or all day on cloudy or windy days. During the day, wacky rigged Lake Fork Twitch Worms in watermelon on sunny days and June bug on cloudy ones have been consistent, as have 3/8 oz jigs in watermelon or white with matching Lake Fork Baby Creature trailers. Fish all of these baits on deep weedlines or along creek channels in the coves. Simply position your boat in the middle of the creek channel and throw your bait to the grass edges and/or stumps near the edge of the creek. Out deeper, Carolina rigged Baby Ring Frys in Chartreuse Pepper and Red Bug or Baby Creatures in Killer Craw have produced some good numbers once schools are located. Other days, drop shotting Lake Fork Twitch Worms in Watermelon or ¾ oz white or silver jigging spoons have been better. Find the schools of yellow bass and the largemouth will be there as well. Good electronics and experience with them is the key to finding these bonanzas of fish. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Both shallow and deep, fish have been moving in and out of coves and up and down on structure daily and even hourly, following the baitfish. Cover water until you catch a fish, then work that area over thoroughly, as most of our fish have come in bunches in small areas.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]And don’t let the high fuel costs keep you from fishing. Bass are holding in all areas of the lake right now. Launch from one of the many ramps at Lake Fork that has a couple large creeks and deep water nearby and you’ll be able to catch fish shallow and deep without making a long run. Or for those of you that like to see more of the lake, swing by the new Ranger Boats dealer at Lake Fork, Diamond Sports Marine. The new Yamaha High Pressure Direct Injection 2-strokes and quiet and clean 4-strokes are much more efficient than traditional 2-stroke outboards. And when paired with a new Z Comanche Ranger, you’ll be able to fish in comfort, even on the windiest and nastiest of days (which, of course, will be your next day off). [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s hoping you catch the lunker of your dreams. If I can be of assistance, please contact me at 214-683-9572 (days) or 972-635-6027 (evenings) or e-mail me through [/size][/font][url "http://www.lakeforkguidetrips.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]http://www.LakeForkGuideTrips.com[/size][/font][/url][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] , where your satisfaction is guaranteed.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Good Fishing,[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Tom [/font][/size]
[signature]
I live out here in UT. and looking at your fish I see the tails are looking like they are spawning, is that what is going on?
[signature]
Yeah, lots of fish lose chunks from their tail during the spawn, but they are normally healed by now. I'm not sure if she was injured in her tail previously or if it is just slow growing back from the spawn.
[signature]