Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fg yesterday!!
Well it wasnt what i thought it wouuld be this time of yr. there were not a lot of fish to be found unless you went back in linwood and I'am not in to all that so i moved north and south and really wsnt finding a lot I did end up catching 9 fish but thay were all dink's nothing over 20lbs so not much to tell ya all about the gorge except give it a couple more week's and the fish will be moveing out of linwood sorry snagger's your season's about over.lol later all Fishley[Wink]
[signature]
Hey Ashley -- don't complain about those 20 pound dinks -- some of us still haven't broken the 10-pound mark on a mack (pretty pathetic I know[Sad])! Feel free to send a few of those dinks my way.
[signature]
THANX FOR SHARING ASH. STILL SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DAY EVEN IF THERE WE NOT ANY HOGS. ID LIKE TO PULL A 30 THREW THE ICE THIS YR.
[signature]
What kind of fishing pole do you use to pull the big mac's through the ice? Is it different than your normal season pole?
[signature]
I dont use eny specieal rod i use the same as i would in the boat.I use only loomis rod's in the gl2-imx my favorite is the cheaper gl2 in a heavy 1/4-1oz it is the best getr done rod i have found for mac and cheap i use a 15 lb p-line and the bait is better left untold.LOL i dont use an ice hut so a small rod is not needed and thay are to hard to get a solid hook set if the wind is blowing and the snow is flying most wont go after the big dog's if the weather is poor i just use a simple wind brake doesnt keep me dry but keep's the wind off,eny good mid -heavy rod will work as long as you use a bait cast reel and not a coffe grinder lol well hope that will help a bit.later ASH[cool]
[signature]