Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake, Dec. 14th, Puker factor #7
[inline "If I could walk on water.JPG"]
Cher once sang, "If I could walk on water!".. Hmm, well apparently she isnt living right! [laugh]

Yesterday after an early morning adventure spent at higher altitude, in 30mph W and temps starting at 2 at 7am, and finding bite slow at best, we choose to drop back down to Fish Lake and arrived about 12:30pm.. At Fish Lake it was a balmy 14 degrees with just enough W that I had to chase my chair across the cap and half way back to shore at one point after I'd stood up to fetch another mini.

[inline "2 splake on glass.JPG"]

The moss seen below the fish was about 18" - 2' feet below the ice in this location. We tried to reach the edge of the weed line but the ice wasnt quite to our liking that far out so we had to settle with fishing several of the large pockets in the moss.

We found a bit of minnow or perch tipped on any common ice fishing lures got bit. In fact, 3M was simply dropping two size 8 bait hooks suspended above a split shot and doing very well. Here she's caught an imitation of a broken back J-13 in splake pattern,lol..

[inline "3M and the J13.JPG"]

Heres a picture of Ron and me dancing on the glass coffee table

[inline "Coldfooter and Fuzzy.JPG"]

And the final picture shows 3 of the 4 Stooges With their Butts to the wind. BTW, I didnt have to worry about chasing my chair any longe,r it was frozen to the ice!. [Tongue]

[inline "the 3 stooges HAHA.JPG"]

After the slow bite at higher altitude it was a welcome change to tickle the noses of a few Splake and Bows at Fish Lake.

I think one amoungst us proved it dont take big brass to do this. But it does require each of the leaders to out weight her by at least 100lb, LOL!

All in all the Pucker factor wasnt to bad,, perhaps a #6-7 on my Scale.
[signature]
How much ice? A little snow on thin ice goes along way in reducing the Puker factor.

Mill meadows and Forsyth was slow last weekend.
[signature]
[cool]So, Don, I don't get it. Where's all of the puke at? I've looked all through the pics and didn't see any puke at all, LOL![Tongue]

Seriously though, those are some cool pics, and at least you got to walk on the water that nobody else has yet this season. Nice job! Hopefully next trip out there the ice will be thicker so you can get out deeper and chase the big splake and macs!
[signature]
Is fish lake completly frooze over..It looks like it from the pics.How much ice is on there??..YOU GUYS ARE NUTTS.
[signature]
No the pond isnt frozen completely. Its only frozen on the North and south ends.

At the shore there was 3" of ice. 100 yards out 2". 125 - 150 yards out 1 & 3/4". After that we though we might be pushing it so we stuck basically to 2" ice. It will be sweet if it dont snow soon and caps completely like glass!

Btw, "Puker factor" happens when one in the party has had sightly to much Holiday Cheer the night before. Nope, wasnt me this time![laugh]
[signature]
YOU HAVE MOORE OFF TIME THAN ANY FISHERMAN ON EARTH... MAN I WISH I HAD TIME LIKE THAT. I SURE APPRICATE READING YOUR DAILEY REPORTS. THAT ICE LOOKS AUSUME. I LOVE GLASS ICE LIKE THAT.SNOW KILLS THE AFFECT IT HAS AND MAKES MOORE PEOPLE FEAL SAFE. ICE LIKE THAT SCARES THE HECK OUT OF THE NEWBEES TO THE SPORT. THANX COLDFOOTER.
[signature]
Yep! Your right,, LOL I dont have any Brass Jingle bells.(Whew!) and, I went out there anyway! But, it's A good idea to let You guys wearing em go first!![sly]. It was Fun to go out there & watch the fish swimming under You. I hope to make it out there again soon[Smile]. and, It's always good to have Great fishing partners. I had a Blast!, Thanks
[signature]
Well I'm hoping that will change shortly!

Yeah that "glass" is always a hoot to take a stroll on. No doubt it tends to make some folks nervous. Not me, I like it because I can see how thick it is as I walk it and not have that faults sense of security. Whats more, its a hoot to stand back from the ice hole and watch the little critters bite without having to stare down the ice hole to see em mess with the offerings..
In that picture with the two laying on glass over the moss: I'd just barely drug one up and had two fish chasing it right to the ice hole so after dropping the one eater to the cap I quickly hand lined it back down 3' and popped the second fish. Yeah, its a hoot!
Boy I seen some helrasous cut bait swimming under me but they wouldnt bite anything I had to offer. Aw well!
[signature]
well i'm sure holding out to win the loto will work out for ya old buddy!! [Tongue]

we sure did mark some good holes out there to find perch in later in the season tho..

give it another 2 weeks and should be able to ride acrosst it and get on that hump out there..
[signature]
As Marty Feldman said as Igor in "Young Frankenstien", "What hump?" Where's the hump at Fish Lake?
[signature]
super report and some super pictures.
you guys and gal are so awesome.
[signature]