Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarpon Go Wild This Evening
Every tarpon fisherman dreams of the day when all the conditions are right, the tarpon are in solid, they are hungry and feeding. This evening was just one of those times. We started on the south side of Government Cut and made several drifts with no results. After it got dark, I moved to the north side and the fun began. Every drift with the exception of a couple had us hooked up and fighting tarpon in the 60 - 100 pound class. Jim Lefevre from Stuart, Florida got a real workout tonight. We had two fish that made jumps at boat side that were within touching distance and had us thinking the tarpon might join us in the boat. Another ran straight for the shoreline and seemed to try and beach itself. The final total at the end of the evening was 10 for 13. All our fish were caught on live shrimp using Eagle Claw L197 5/0 circle hooks. Now is the time to book your trip for April and May, so give me a call at 305 620-5896 if you'd like to experience the thrills and excitement of tarpon fishing.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>305 620-5896 Charter<br>305 732-2628 Beeper<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br>nkostyo@bellsouth.net<br><br>
Great report. Is nice to see things finaly turning around. I have a question for you. I recieved an E-mail refering to "Black Water in the Gulf" north of the keys. Have you heard any thing about this or is it just someone trying to create a problem that does not exist? I have looked for info on this and have found nothing. Shure would like to get my mind strait on this.<br>Thanks again for the great report Captian Dave, will be looking for the next one. Praying for safe and Great trips for all anglers this season. God Bless<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
According to what I've been told, black water is for real. It is a type of algae bloom that turns the water black and makes it look like sewer sludge. There is plenty of oxygen still in the water, however, no fish life is present. There has been no fish kill that I have heard of such as is associated with red tide.<br><br>Captain Dave<br><br>
Thanks for your insite on this mater. If any one else has aditional info I would be verry thankfull.<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.