Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eelpout question
are eelpout in MN considered to be a rough fish? What do you do with them if you catch one?

Ive never caught one, but I will be fishing a lake known to have them.
[signature]
What lake are you fishing hattrk ?ottertail? I caught burbout in a few lakes in mn, and I consider the slime a nuisance ! lol, no really, Im not sure, but I think there considerd a roughfish, since there is no season or limit on them! also, did you go fish cotton on the 22 nd of dec ? later, flagmanonice !
[signature]
No I did not fish cotton. to busy doing the family thing. I was thinking of hitting either Ottertail or Pelican, then I'll be on leech on the 25th.

I had to go online to see what an eelpout even looked like.
[signature]
hey flag man !

how are ya ?

how ya been ?

Long time no see ?

you and you girl get out on the ice yet ?

Did you get your comic yet ?

I was hoping to hear some Ice Fishing Reports from ya weeks ago.

looks like we here in south east MI will be able to get back on in just a few day with the normal weather comming back. (cant wait, looking forward for some fresh gills)

I wanted to tell you guys that I ordered some wax worms from the site here and got them under a weeks time. they came 2nd day delivery. UPS I thought it would be at least a week or two befor I got them. the price was good too.
[signature]
I guess my cookies were deleted and I unknowingly logged in as a guest.

Oh well, the above post is mine, just so you know who it came from.
[signature]
Hey hattrk, I ve been fishing Ottertail and the ice is still good, and the fishing has been real good ! been picking them up in 18 - 22 ft on a airplane flyer, also on tip-ups with a shiner or a small sucker, depending on what day (have both ). My 7 yr old daughter caught her biggest walleye so far, an 18". The largest fish was a 27 " (cpr ). I fished big Cormrant the other night (all nite ) with my 4 yr old son, and we did rotten on walleyes, but had alot of action with mud puppies ( slimy things ) and in the morning caught 3 pike, nothing big ! When you go out to Leech , are you fishing the bay or are you going to the big part of the lake ? Let me know how you did ! FLAGMANONICE P.S dave, yes I took pictures and will have them developed soon ! thx.
[signature]
that wind breaking up the ice thing hit my lake today as well.

I was planning to go out today and try my hand on some perch.

got down to the lake and the middle of the lake was open again.

I have to say that it probably saved my life today. I would wanted to walk out on it. (carefuly though)

that means that my lake wont be safe again till about fryday of next week.

my new wax worms will have to wate till next week to go for a swim.

they just showed those shanties on the news today.
[signature]