Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll- Whats your favorite method of fishing?
so, fishley gave us an interesting question. lets see how a poll will turn out. ive never posted a poll, so i hope this works!

ill put in a vote for trolling.
[signature]
I have a personal vote-casting jigs- (lures in the same category?)Oh man!! I guess we'll just have to go fishing, for research purposes of course[Wink]
[signature]
a stick of TNT and a big net.
[signature]
A fly and a bubble
[signature]
I'm not so silly as to spend all day trolling or bouncing a jig if a minnow or crawler hanging under a bobber, or laying on the bottom, is working better. I'm there to enjoy the day and tussle with a few fishies so even if I have to break out the ol' bait,, so be it. So I vote for whatever is working best that day..

Btw, which do ya put on first, the marsh mellow, salmon egg/s, or the crawler? [sly]
[signature]
So where is the ice fishing category? Or does it fall under vertical jigging?
[signature]
Ya put the marshmallow on first, sliding it over the knot to your hook, then add the nightcrawler, and tip the hook with a pautzke green label egg. Can't miss!!! [sly]
[signature]
[Wink]
[signature]
The best type of fishing in my opinion comes when there is a fly rod in hand. The fishing rarely slows down.
[signature]
Show me how to catch one of those dink Mac like is pictured in my hands on a fly rod I might consider it but until then it would be a total waste of my time to own a fly rod.. Whats more, as its been said, there more to fishing than catchin'. So, if it takes two hands to fly fish I'd have to pass, I'd have a hard time holding my cold one.

Btw, isnt it great we can all enjoy a day of fishing in our own way? [Wink]
[signature]
I'll fish whichever way the fish are wanting to eat, but I prefer trolling!
[signature]
NO, NO, NO and NO, look, how many times do we have to go through this. Worm first, then marshmallow. Will you rookies never learn!

IFG
casting jig's that's not jiggin why not just use a spinner.jiggin is done verticly no?or ya could just troll your jigLOL.
FISHLEY
[signature]
TROLLING enough said...as a wise man (COLDFOOTER) put it you have to be able to multi task like having a cold one or two at the same time,the nice thing about the boat is the cd player, cup holder's, and a large enough cooler to keep everything at the right tempature, and maybe not in that order!!
Trolling for me is as relaxing as it get's like vertical jigging for Jim and Fly Fishing for whoever is dumb enough to find that relaxing (Just poking Fun)
SockeyeSlayer
[signature]
I like to troll. Imagine that. I troll like most fly fish. At Willard with 4 lines out I will constantly be changing one of them. More weight, less weight. Longer leader, shorter leader. Spinner, crankbait, worm harness, raise the down rigger, lower the down rigger. Run the planer closer to shore, run the planer closer to the boat. White, green, red, blue, shad, perch.
Change the CD, speed up, slow down, eat a sandwich, drink a beverage. Start changing everything again.
Trolling keeps me busy.
[signature]
This post shows why fishing is so great. You can fish to relax, to enjoy the outdoors, to be with others, to let your mind wander while completely alone, to travel to beautiful places, to eat the things you catch, and for any other reason you want!

You can fish for the physical and/or mental stimulation, for the challenge, for competition, for only just to see what happens, just to satisfy a curiosity. No two days are ever exactly the same. Stuff happens that wouldn't have happend without going fishing. It doesn't matter how you do it. (except poachers and snaggers, but this isn't the time)

Bait, flies, jigs, lures, casting, trolling, still fishing, ice fishing. It all counts if that's your fancy. Besides, who wants every fisherman in the country doing exactly what you like to do, and doing it on your favorite body of water? Diversity keeps the sport alive.

Some elitists knock stocker rainbows, for example. Do you want all the stocker rainbow fishermen sitting in your favorite walleye hole, wading through your favorite trout stream, parked on your favorite lake trout hump, or frothing up your favorite pond? Thankfully we all have different interests, and different reasons to go fishing.

You can become so obsessed that it interferes with most other aspects of life. You can make fishing more important than life or death itself. In my case, you can make it your ENTIRE little pitiful life. Pick your poison. Like any addiction, moderation is best, although I haven't seemed to be able follow that advice. I went wrong somewhere, and there seems to be no going back!

While I've taken it to the extreme, I do remember how it started, with a salmon egg in a creek, with a worm on a pond. I just didn't know how to slow it down!

In a week I'll find myself drifting live bait into schools of unsuspecting, rolling and feeding tarpon in the shadow of Miami Beach. Is that too easy? You bet, and I can't wait! When I get tired of that, I'll make it more challenging and pick up a jig or a fly and catch some that way too! If the tarpon get moody, I'll dunk some bait on the bottom and pull on a big shark or two.

Diversity . . . We have to have it.

Jim
[url "http://www.fishflaminggorge.com"]www.fishflaminggorge.com[/url]
[signature]
I prefer the hook and line method. Only as much weight as needed for the current conditons.[cool]
[signature]
Great thoughts Jim, "Different strokes for different folks".
[signature]
Personally, I enjoy trolling, but there are times you have to change to keep everyone in the boat happy and into fish.
good thoughts jim. im glad everyone doesnt fish like me and in my spots! it looks like a diversified approach to fishing is going to win this poll. i may have to become a better jigger! thanks all for your replies.
[signature]