Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Swap
I am in a fly swap that will feature people from around the world. I thought it would be great to have a fly swap for Utah and surrounding areas. Anyone up to it? We can all sign up, indicate which fly we want to tie. Tie the amount of flies for everyone that signs up. Tag the flies with your name and the name of the fly. If there is interest, I would volunteer to run it this year. Who's up for it?

katghoti
[signature]
if it gets going, im in. let me know what to tie a good leangth of time in advance.
[signature]
IF we do this we will have a signup period and a time to get all the flies done. Right now, I am just trying to see what the interest is.

katghoti
[signature]
I think that is a great idea, I've entered a few of these in the past and gotten some great flies. How about picking a theme (streamers, terrestrials, dries, nymphs, scuds, etc) also, maybe come up with something special for the most unique fly?
[signature]
I'm in.
[signature]
Great. These are all good suggestions. It would also be nice to post how we did with each others flies. Lets set the deadline to sign up the 20th of January. Keep this forum alive so we can count. So far

Name Fly
Katghoti--South Ogden Slayer
Gloomis
Flygoddess
ruger

This years theme could be water specific flies. Include the fly name, method of fishing and water is works best on. How about it?

katghoti
[signature]
This is going to be fun. In the past (keep in mind that it was a small fly) I was able to take a pisture of the fly, and I put it on a business card along with the reciepe. Worked out real well. We need to send you how ever many flies plus 1 with somekind of self addressed stamped container so you don't have to flip for that. Get enough people and it will be worth the shipping price for all the different flies we'll get back.
[signature]
I am up for it!
[signature]
That sounds very fun. I would be interested in getting involved. I am just getting ready to move to Denver but I will try to gitter' done!
[signature]
That sounds like fun, count me in!
[signature]
Sorry all, I was out with the flu last week. Let me get a count and see what the total is.

katghoti
[signature]
I'm definitely in. I've created some patterns in the last year that have been killer, and I'd love to share with everyone.
[signature]
I am interested.

Thanks
[signature]
Wow great response. Okay, here is what I think. Registration is open until the end of January (tell all your friends). As of the first of February, no one else is admitted--no exceptions. The theme this time is water specific flies. Tie up a pattern for a local river (Utah is best, but don't let that stop you) that is your go to fly, (dry, wet, nymph, streamer, whatever). On February 1st I will get the list together. Send me a PM with the following

Name
Address
Name of the fly
How it's used
Water it is tied for.

If you want include emails. Tag your flies so we all know who made what. I am going to include my email because I would love to hear how others did with my fly.

Thanks all.

katghoti
John Wright
Hooper, UT
[signature]
Welcome Aboard CTR!![Smile]
[signature]
Just a quick question for all; in this swap would you prefer a good nymph/scud pattern for the Weber or an original streamer for Kolob Res. in southern Utah? The Scud I am thinking of tying always produces for me on the Weeb. The streamer has not only produced some great fish from Kolob, but I have also caught smallies on it in Newcastle and Jordanelle.
If everyone participating in the swap could PM me their preference I would appreciate it. Besides, it will keep the thread a little less cluttered[Wink]
Thanks.
[signature]
Count me in. I have never participated in a fly swap but it would be great to see some patterns that work for various waters.
[signature]
I think I need to clarify how this swap is intended to work. You tie the flies at home for the number of people participating. Then mark you flies and mail them to me along with a self addressed postage paid container. I will take all the flies distribute them to everyone and put them in your contain and mail them back. This will allow more people to participate without having to go somewhere to tie.

katghoti
[signature]
Febuary is here! I've got a new batch of scuds just waiting for their new homes and just need a final count and a place to send them.
[signature]
Great. I will get a final count soon. My wife is expecting and we thought the delivery date was the 9th, but it now appears it could be any time. So please be patient while I get through this. We will still have the swap. I have my south fork slayers about done as well. I should have the list up tomorrow with everyone and a final count. Thanks all for your patients.

Katghoti
[signature]