Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steam plant, cumberland city
went to the steam plant yesterday....was cold and windy in the morning, but the wind settled down and the sun came out. MAN, that place was packed!! Can't imagine how 'crowded' it is over there on a nice day...lol There were people every 5-10 feet apart! argh

caught lots of baitfish, one white bass and one hybrid. That was my first of each since moving back. Hybrids are called wipers over in utah....forgot how hard those guys fight. Thought i had a big skipjack or whitey...but it was a 13" hybrid. Man, it was a blast. Would go back today, but it's supposed to be much nicer and i just do not enjoy combat fishing!

cyas
rc
got off work a bit early yesterday....hit the steam plant again....late in afternoon. The skipjack had vacated the area!

It certainly was peaceful. Snow falling and only one other hardy soul there. I love fishing in the snow....just something very peaceful about it...including the lack of a bend in the rod...lol

didn't get a hit, other than foul-hooking a ton of those tiny shad (threadfin??)

cyas
rc
I know the fealing, I love canoing in the snow as well on a small creek. talk about turning time back a hundred years or so. so peacefull. almost as if there was nothing wrong in the world.

that and fishing in the moon light and sippin a little bright moon light.[Tongue] just so long as the skeeters aint bittin I wont mind if the cats dont.
[signature]