Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canyon Lake 15 Jan
Hit canyon lake for a few hours this evening. Got a couple small bows on corn power bait and had a couple hits on a silver spoon. One of the hits on the spoon was a pretty good tug, but I lost it before I could get it in view, maybe a brown?

Was a good few hours never the less. Amazing, yesterday I was ice fishing in the mountains, today I was in a short sleeve shirt casting. LOL
[signature]
You gonna learn to love the weather up there. If you aint happy with it - wait an hour. I've never seen anywhere with the sudden changes that area can have. Bluebird day at sunup & raging blizzard by 10:00, maybe the other way too. The second winter we lived in Spearfish I got up one morning & the outside thermometer read -27. I went out & started my truck, came back in & had breakfast. Maybe 30 min. later when I went out there was a little breeze & it felt warm???? Looked at the thermometer & it was +36. I commented about it to a co-worker & his comment was "Yeah, it'll do that around here, look in the Guiness book of records. Spearfish is in there for the fastest temperature rise on record." I checked & he was tellin' it straight.

Glad you're startin' to get your line wet up there. You're gonna love it.

GEEZER
[signature]
I can believe that Geez, this place can be down right crazy when it comes to weather!

Today is a high of 35 with winds gusting up to 55-60 mph. Bad day to be on the ice!
[signature]
Next time there is one of those super cold periods followed by that quick warmup, WATCH OUT while driving. The pavement gets super cold & when that warm air first starts moving across it, it'll get a coating of ice on it that ya can't see at all. I've been blindsided by that phenomenon, but lucky no serious crashes. Seen some though.
[signature]