Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NORTHWEST MI
Anglers were getting some size perch and a few keeper walleye from Crooked and Burt Lakes this past weekend. There is still plenty of ice but navigation can be a problem since there is little snow.[pirate]
[signature]
callie! you're alive! how ya doin'? missed seeing you around.
[signature]
Hey DDR:
Thanks for the post. Yeah I'm alive and kicking but really have been busy coreecting essays, and other papers from my English students. I've also been doing a lot of writing (freelancing), and to top that off I'm planning another Mexican vacation (saltwater fishing).

You will hear from me now and again-any good lureideas for fishing the surf in the Gulf of Mexico??
[signature]
how much of this snow did you just get,

at midnight I am still looking out the window watching for the rain to turn in to that 7 inches of snow they are calling for.
[signature]
It's Wednesday after the weathermen called for tremendous winds and snow. Which in reality was 20mph and a couple of inches of snow for our neck of the woods.
Just got back from the UP and on the Manistique Area Lakes the fishing was fabulous. In fact the best I've had in 16 years of lake ownership.
Locally, Maple Bay(Burt Lake) Crooked and Pickeral Lakes are giving up walleye and perch in surprising numbers. No wall hangars if that's what you want, but tasty sized fish are my ticket anyway.[laugh]
[signature]
I will take a day of tender vittials over a day a single wall hanger almost any day, that is if there is room to in the freezer....[Tongue]

thanks for the report, down here in the detroit area we got a light dusting and 40 mile winds. never did see that snow they were talking about.
[signature]
[Smile]Dave we're getting that cold wind today maybe it will freeze up the edges agian for the weekend.
[signature]
we are in for 45* for the next three days, with one having rain.... nothing here I want to walk on yet.
[signature]
Hey Callie. Welcome back. You are sure missed by many of us.

If you would like to take a good productive lure with you to the Gulf, I would take a small (1 to 1 1/2oz) Krocodile. Chrome with prismatic tape.

I would also take the 1 1/2oz Kastmaster with the bucktail hair on it. Chrome is good but gold color works best.

Good luck and please let us know how you do.
[signature]
Hey TubeN2: Thanks for the lure suggestions. This might man a trip to Cabellas (oh Darn). Definitely the stories and pics will be posted after our return. Thanks again for the choices.
[signature]
you got any fishable ice up your way at all?

we are loosing ground here, I can now launch a boat from my dock that I was going to pull just as soon as I got 6 inches of ice. I cant reach the drop off yet but the swans sure are looking taisty.

I am getting a hankerin fer ground hog too, since he aint did his job this year I think there is going to be a bounty on his hide, I am think potatos and dumplings green beans and southern fried groundhog. (I aint talking pork sausage [Tongue])

I am getting mighty low on the blue gills, I think I might go out and cast for a pike and see if I can get any action.

I would take the boat out and go up the river, that means turning my boat right side up on the trailer, but you know just as soon as I do that, it will snow three feet.
[signature]
Dave:
Still 6-7 inches of good ice on the inland, shallower lakes. The UP is even better. No ice in our bay so icing whitefish is out of the question. I guess we could use your boat if we want to get those delectable morsels!!
[signature]
Dave we have 8 to 12 inches of ice here in MID-MICHIGAN on most lakes and moore on others. Fishing has been good for me, I have not got skunk since late December.

TTYAL
Chuck

[/quote]REMEMBER A BAD DAY OF FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK.[Smile][cool]
[signature]
thats great news, I may be able to get out on the lake this weekend, not mine but another one in the area. My lake is gone for the year.
[signature]