Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is your favorite to target
And why is it?
[signature]
I think I have to pick the Brook because I do not get to go after them as often and even if they are smaller fish I enjoy the battle they put out. besides the Uintas are beautiful.
[signature]
I voted "other" because I caught my first tiger trout last summer and I was hooked. They did everything: run, shake, jump, etc. I caught them on dry flys and had a ball. Of all the trout I think brook are the best eating but since I rarely keep and eat fish I like their fighting prowes.
[signature]
I voted for Browns. The most exciting trout fishing I have ever done was a heavy caddis hatch just as it was getting too dark to see (good thing I had my headlamp). All the larger nocturnal browns woke up and started feeding on top. The takes were aggressive and I caught several fish in the 16-19 inch range and fat. These fish weren't beat up either like most of the fish in this very popular local river (take a wild guess). Haven't yet matched that kind of rush-- bruiser browns chasing down your fly, hitting it with a loud slpash, and trying to take your rod away from you. And not really knowing what you have untill you finally get it in and turn on your light (but knowing it's big).
[signature]
I say Cutts cause that is the bigger species that I go for. Rivers I would say Browns. But I do like to stillwater and then it is the cutts.
[signature]
I tried to click on the "Tiger" button, but it wasn't listed.[Wink]
[signature]
Wipers,

That is one of the funnist fish to catch on a fly. Carp too

Trent
[signature]
I just like catching rainbows.
[signature]