Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber or S. Fork
Hey all,

I am getting away this afternoon to chuck some fur. I can't decide between the lower Weber (Canyon to Morgan Area) or the S. Fork. Anyone been out to either? What was the status, flies etc. If no response, I'll just decide and let you know.

katghoti
[signature]
Have not been hearing much on the southfork lately but the weber is still fishing well.
[signature]
Take that back I did have a couple guys bragging about fishing the spillway of Causey and doing good.
[signature]
Well I hit both. I went to horseshoe canyon on Friday afternoon. Nothing. I fished over a pod of browns (two pushing 5-6 pounds they were huge!!!), but nothing. I threw everything I had at them and tried everything. They had lock jaw. Not really, I could see them feeding but I couldn't get a reaction.

Saturday I hit the South Fork. One work COLD. We started under the spill way but moved down river to give others a chance. I caught the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. Bright red stripe, red cheeks, and awsome spotting. He was about 14 inches and fat. I let him go. We tangle with some other fish, but the snow is still deep so be careful.

katghoti
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a good time.

Trent
[signature]