Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which island is grismon?
Hey all which island is grismond and how is it fishing in the marina by the shoreline village is it a stealth mission by night or is it lagit by day?
[signature]
Hi Onewhofishes,

When there is daylight Grissom is good for Halibuts and a few Barracuda's closer to the Queen Mary. At night the Bass bite is pretty good using plastics. You can't fish in the Marina. If the Harbor Patrol or Lifeguard see's you they will tell you to leave. If you keep going in they will fine you. It's ashame too because there are a lot of Bass in there. Below is a picture of Grissom Island.

Kiyo
[url "http://www.baytubers.com"]www.baytubers.com[/url]

[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0218909.jpg]
This is Grissom Island from Cherry Beach.

[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0182007.jpg]
This is the parking lot with the quarter meters. And this is the parking lot you should park in. The other parking lot is a ticket booth and is only good for a couple of hours. Notice the buildings in the background. This is on the corner of Ocean Blvd./Shoreline Dr. in Long Beach.
[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0192429.jpg]
This is where you will launch your tube at Grissom. You can either go to the left and fish the shoreline or go out along the rocks and shoal areas and along the island. Make sure to fish the wall area behind the Island and watch out for the fishermen on the jetty who just love to try to hit us with their sinkers.
[signature]
That bottom phto is actually were I have had some luck there is a row of bouys marking a shoal. The is a little under water structure there I have been starting close to the shore about ten feet to the left of the bouy and slowly moving out to deeper water.have only caught short halibut there, in the evening besides all the croaker I hit two nice sand bass on a red and white jig tiped with squid strips.

I will be out sat morning hope to get some live bait before going.
[signature]