Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selective feeders
I went to the church of Provo Canyon today for a few hours. Best day I've had winter fly fishing this year so far. The strange thing about today is that I caught all rainbows. Landed 3 of them and had 3 rainbows and 1 brown get off. Now I know the specific area I fished has more rainbows in it than any other section of the LP, but the rainbows were the only ones that wanted to eat my sow pattern I was using. The browns wouldn't touch it, but the bows would move out of their way for it and hit it hard. I found a pod of browns and made several drifts over 3 different specific fish several times each and they just werent interested. Any one else experience this before? I thought it was a little strange.

The first fish I landed was an absolutely beautifull specimen. Football shaped, bright red stripe, heavy spotting. One of the finest provo bows I've ever landed.

The one brown I hooked I think took a 22 zebra I had dropped off the sow before I switched to a double sow rig.
[signature]
Nice report, sounds as though the Bows are starting in on there spawn. With 2 reports of Brilliant color this morning. I would suspect that roe patterns will get those browns to move on it.
[signature]
I love the Anyriver church. So much freedom. Thanks for the report. I'm very envious. How crowded was the river?

Trent
[signature]
Sunday was not crowded at all. Had a very popular stretch to myself for over two hours-- no one to be seen as far as I could see up and down river untill about 3:00 (I guess the other church got out then). Go on a weekday and it's even better[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'll have to make it a point of getting out there
[signature]
Me too if I can get Mother Nature to work with me a little. You can forcast the weather by my days off. Good-I must be working, Bad - Day Off[pirate]
[signature]
so you have today off I take it.

Any advice for fishing in or near capitol reef?
[signature]
You got it. Oh! my aching back.... not enough to start up the ol' blower so it is getting the hand job[Wink]
[signature]
I see lol
[signature]
Capitol Reef. You may get a few bottom feeders inside of the park. For trout hit the Bicknell flats by the town of Bicknell. Ask a local when you get there.
[signature]
Unfortunatly I didn't get the time to fish. The water was high and murky.

Thanks for the advice

Trent
[signature]