Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beauty isn't it!
Beautiful stretch of river, I know there are fish in there cause in the summer I hear the splash. Less than hals a block away from where I live. My question is has anyone ever fished the Jordan River? I know there is carp in there, but I never see anyone fish it.

[inline "Jordan River.3pg.jpg"]
[signature]
There is a little bit of every thing in that river including some big trout.
[signature]
I've heard of some cats coming out of there as well. Cats are fun on the flyrod
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Rainbows, cutts, browns (no puns), white bass, walleye, carp, cats and piranhas (if you believe the urban legends).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The creeks that empty into the Jordan often bring trout down from upstream and the rest come from Utah Lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most of the fish you hear splashing are probably carp (buglemouth browns). I recommend a size 2/0 bread slice.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A lot of people fish it, but because of the raw sewage and other pollutants coming in from 7200 south to the mouth at Salt Lake it is probably unwise to keep and consume.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I caught a 21 inch bow near 6200 s. last year. I was very surprised to catch that big of a trout, and the fish looked really healthy. I've caught a few trout over my years fishing the Jordan, but none of that size. I catch mostly rainbows with a few browns mixed in. No cutts, but I wouldn't be surprised if there in their.

Good luck, the Jordan is full of surprises.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'll bet the big bow was a pleasant surprise. Nice catch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are very few cutts that make it down the trickles from the mountains, but I have heard of a few. I haven't fished the Jordan since I lived here in the eighties, but I got a couple of hefty browns back then and lost one that would have probably gone 10 pounds. And NO, it was not a buglemouth brown.[/#0000ff]
[signature]