Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bubble up 2/25
well, with mother nature kickin down the sweets lateley we had to get the boat out and try for some eyes. we hit the bubble up from 12:30 to about 4:30 and was thrilled to see first hand just how high the water is. 9' to 10' around the pipe! and the bubble up is flowing quite niceley as well. we soaked bait under bobbers the whole time. (minnows, crawlers, and white bass nugs) while there we had 3 boats come through pitching plastics. they each stuck around just long enough to cover the area and they were off. we didn't have any bites nor did we see any fish caught, but i did hear one of the plastic chuckers mention that they had caught a few whites over by saratoga earlier in the day. even though it was slow fishing, ya couldn't beat the wheather. sunny and calm with no jet skiers or water skiers. my kind of autmosphere. if the weather holds like this, it shouldn't be long till party time. laters
[signature]
Sounds like a very pleasant day to be out in the boat! Thanks for the update. I hope with the last high water year, and this one coming up, there will be some excellent spawning conditions for all the baitfish in there. Of course I will be down there trying to reduce the biomass of the carp with my bow.
[signature]
You guys must have been the ones anchored near the end of the pipe. I'm the one that floated out in the orange float tube. Sorry we didn't get to chat. Same report for me. I soaked bait on one rod and tossed plastics with the other one, but not even a nibble all day. As nice as the weather was the water was still plenty chilly, my toes were ice cicles by the end of the day. Maybe next time I won't be so shy and introduce myself.
[signature]
hey Phil, yea, that was us. now that you have read my post, i almost felt bad that i didn't include you. after all, you were the most die-hard one out of us all, the way you were persistantley working those 2 poles with your sweet toon outfit. nice set-up. almost makes me want to go out and get one. laters
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, fencekid. Even though you didn't have much luck this trip I'm still jealous, 'cause at least you got out and enjoyed the nice weather. I had to take care of my sick daughter, and I wasn't feeling that hot myself. Good luck next trip out, and I'll probably see ya out there this spring. It's supposed to snow next weekend, so I think I might be up for one last trip on the hard deck first.
[signature]