Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly fishing class results
The beginning fly fishing class hit the Weber at Round Valley just above Morgan on Saturday AM. Beautiful day, cold at first but it warmed up nicely. I didn't catch anything, which is normal procedure for me, but it still was a good day. I usually get real frustrated and give up after about one hour or less. Not knowing what I'm doing right or wrong is not a way to improve. This time I knew what things I needed to work on; basic casting, casting to the wrong spot, poor drift, belly in the line, watching the geese not the strike indicator, right fly, setting the hook, stuff like that. To experienced flyfishers, these things are natural and easy; to beginners, they take lots of effort and practice. When I work at them, they'll come.[cool]
[signature]
Right On! Bioman. We all get use to our own ways and sometimes it's nice to get back to the way it is suppose to be. Keep up the good work!
[signature]
It was tuff out there both today and yesterday,with the water being up and spreading the fish around. My holes were hard to teach. we did manage to land a couple on embrio eggs,olive seredipity and sow bugs. Hope it is better next week.

I did see something I have never seen on the river before, my hole that I teach in had lily pads made of ice. It is a big hole that has a big swirl of back current in it and there was around a hundred of these dinner plate sized sheets of ice floating around our hole.
[signature]
HFT good job and I had no doubts. thanks for the report and by the way, you get up Heber way stop in 4 seasons and say hi.[Wink]
Fly Goddess

leave your boogers at home please[Tongue]
[signature]
Class will be back on the weber sat. 7:00 for breakfast at the spring chicken. 8:00 on the river. Rain jacket will probably be in order for the day,forcast says snow.
[signature]