Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Call For Fly Swap
All fly swappers,

I am still one tyer short. I sent a PM but have not heard back. If I don't get anything my Wednesday, I am putting the flies in the mail.

katghoti
[signature]
Okay all,

Past the deadline. 8 people tied flies and sent them in. I will divide them out tonight and get them in the mail. Thanks all.

katghoti
[signature]
Thanks for all the work!!![Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Okay the flies are on the way today. Thank you everyone for their participation. Thanks to thoses who tied two files. There should be about 12 -13 flies per person. HFT, are you in the shop this Saturday? If so I will run them down to you. Thanks all. Lets do this again.

katghoti
[signature]
I will be on the river most of the day, teaching a class. Should be there in the afternoon. If you leave them there I will get them.
[signature]
Just wanted to let you know I received my flies today. Thanks for all your effort katghoti! Flygoddess, how on earth do you tie a fly that small??? They all look great and I can't wait to get them out on the river.
[signature]
I received my flies today. Thanks to everyone they look great.

CTR
[signature]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Hey, I got mine today also and I have to say that I am very impressed and delighted. I have entered other swaps, but this is by far the best and most talented bunch to date.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Let me start with,[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Chris Rose: that is the best Chernobyl Ant I have ever seen (my ol' man wants to steal that one) and that dropper is exactly what I need tomorrow on the MP.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Ruger: that rock chuck & scud are going to get wet tomorrow also (main food source on the MP) I will be getting in touch with you on the ingredients.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]But now I have a problem, I have two killer wooly buggers, a glow bug and a Parasol (fantastic job) and I have no names to go with them. I am assuming that the most unusual worm is Fly Girl and it is so cool, can't wait to try it. I really want to thank everyone but, step up to the plate on the no names, you deserve a pat on the back and a very BIG! GREAT JOB! Thanks to everyone once again.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]{ by the way I use very strong reading glasses and a magnifier[Smile]) I know the Chironomids look big but wait till May and then check the waters, specially warmer waters.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Very Grateful, [/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Fly Goddess[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]p.s. when can we do this again[Wink][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
The wooly worms were from Dr. Love. The glo-bug and the worm were from flygirl, the parasol was from HFT. The red thorax hare's ear (devistating on the weber in fall) was from my brother spencer, the tan fly with white biots is mine alone with the small zebra midge. These look great all. Lets try it again.

katghoti
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I didn't get the worm from Fly Girl, I just got the bid red fuzzy one and I didn't see a zebra (could have used that yesterday) and I don't think I got your other one (tan w/ biot). It's all good though, I love everything and can and will use them.[/size]
[/black][/font]
[signature]
The worm is the big red fuzzy one. My bad. If you didn't get my flies. I will send them out to you. Sorry.

katghoti
[signature]
I got my flies on Saturday as well. Flygodess, that bunny midge gives me a headache just thinking about tying it! Way too small for my sausage fingers[Wink]. Thanks again everyone for the awesome flies! Now I've just got to find the time to tie a reserve of each one so I won't be disappointed if I loose the original.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]I guess I should have pre-threaded them.[cool][/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
I sent you two of my South Ogden Slayers and 2 zebra midges for my faux pas. I hope you enjoy them, you should get them tomorrow.

katghoti
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Oh Man , you are so COOOL! Thank you so much[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
I'm jones'n to see the flys!! (jealousy rears its ugly head![pirate])
[signature]
I'm heading to Salt Lake today. I will drop the flies on my way back.

katghoti
[signature]
Coooool!!
[signature]
you guys and gals tied some awsome fly!!! Thanks[Smile] We will have to do this again.
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=katghoti;"][font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]katghoti [/size][/blue][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]I received your flies today. You didn't have to do that, but, I am sure glad you did. They are great! Thank you so much and you are the FLY SWAPMEISTER![/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Thanks again[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Fly Goddess
[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]