Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electronics
fishfinders,radios,gps,radar ect. with so many different brands and models out on the market.tell us what you use,and if your happy with them,or would you want to change some features,or you just dont like the brand
[signature]
I had a garmin on the bow and a hummingbird on the console and i had no problems with either. My new boat has lowrance on the bow and console. I have only had it out once since i bought it in January to see how it ran. So I will have to give them a try. I think marine electronics are like everything else they all have their good ones and bad ones. I think the better unit you buy the happier you will be with its preformance. The more pixels the better the detail.
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hi everyone ,well I have a new Bottomline Tournament Master HR. This thing is great very clear screen and is good for a depth of 600 feet. I have another Bottomline unit that is the 3300 model. The backlight had just quit working last year but all else works fine . I really like the Bottomline products.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
hi AFDan52,i have been looking at the bottomline products,i just didnt know anyone who had them.i will looks at them alittle more thanks for your post
[signature]
hi fyshrmn,i like both garmin and hummingbird,if you look at what i own i lean toward hummingbird and your right about there are good and bad ones,just like any other electronics you got to take chances.
[signature]
I was happy with my old 3-d Hummingbird. The Lawrance we have is good but the end plug needed to be replaced after ywo years. Maybe because we pluged it in so much. Next one for me will be color read out.
[signature]
[cool]This year I got a lowrance 67C it was a great asset for ice fishing so for the summer I will mount it on the boat. This is a color unit with flasher screen and regular screen also has split screen for seeing the hole water column and bottom zoom.My Gps is also a lowrance I kept them seperate because I use it in the truck on the AtV and also for search and resue with the fire dept. The tracker also has a Hummingbird unit it marks fish well but is not as defined as the 67C. I sold a Hummingbird this year also witch I used to use for ice fishing that one wasn't even two year old but worked like new. I also have a garman for sale, from my older boat it's about four years old but has very little use on it.I'm only selling this one to make up some extra cash so I can buy a 10' flat bottom boat for the little lakes in the area. I was using a 15' canoe for that purpose but the canoe is to much hassle. I think the canoe is sold this weekend.
[signature]
hey tomc i run a lowrance LMS 350-A in the console of my boat and a garmin 160 in the back for jigging i also take the garmin out for ice fishing.
[signature]
this has been a interseting tread,it seems right now lowrance is the most popular with fisherman
[signature]
What I need is for all the manufactures to send me their top of the line depth finders and gps system. That away I can give them all a try and give them a poor mans view on their equipment.
[inline "roll laugh.gif"]
i tried that with the boat manufacturers,all i got was..... i dont think so
[signature]
what I am using is a dinasaur compaired to what every one else is useing.

I paid 250.oo for it twenty years ago,

my screen show a series of black dots. black dots for the bottom, black dots for fishes.

It is a bottom line. protable that can mount to the side of any boat via suction cup or can be carried out on the lake in the middle of the winter and dropped in to an inch of water on top the ice to get readings through the ice.

one six volt rayovac battry last for years.
[signature]
i have a similar one by hummingbird,works of a 6 volt lanturn battery.had it for about 20 years now,2years ago i had to replace the suction cup.other than that it works just fine
[signature]
I think Lowrance is top notch. I have an X67C fishfinder and a Lowrance Ifinder H2O GPS and they are both outstanding. I've used Garmin, Hummingbird, and a few others; and Lowrance is what I prefer. The biggest thing is, there's no need to spend 400 dollars on the equipment if you're not going to utilize all of it's functions. Most fisherman only use their fishfinders to locate holes and monitor the depth. A 99 dollar hummingbird will do that, and it's a whole lot easier on the pocket book. The X67C shows the Thermocline in the water, has a Zoom feature that is killer for finding hidding fish in small structure, and shows temp and speed with the proper speed probe added on. It also doesn't crap out at high speeds, which is great. (not to mention the color screen rocks) The Ifinder is awesome and sun light readable. It comes with GPS numbers pre-stored of the more well known fishing holes and is very simple to use. I'd say the best bet for any angler would be to match his fishing style and needs to the equipment he or she is buying. If you're only fishing in 20 feet of water on a river that's only 70 yards wide, you don't need a 500 dollar fish finder. On small bodies of water your instinct is your greatest asset. However, if you're fishing a large body of water, like the great lakes or the ocean, instinct isn't worth 10 cents, and without high quality electronics, you're wasting your time, unless you can chart/plot with a compass and a map.
[signature]