Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass tracker problems?
i recently purchased a 95 tracker pro17 (with a friend). I did a lot of research...or so i thought. I feel very happy with what we got.
Paid $3000 for the boat, it came with a 40 horse mercury and runs great...tho we've only had it out once.

so are there problems with the trackers?

just curious...any input good or bad would be appreciated.

cyas
rc
i haven't heard of any,tracker is a good boat and they stand by their product.but being a "95" like any other boat at that age,you might start running into electrical problems.nothing serious,just frustrating,most of the time it would be dirty connections.i would take time in going through the fuse panal,switches,and check and clean if necerey,you would be looking for powdery substance ash or green in color
[signature]
hey, thanks for the heads up. one of the trailer brake lights is 'kinda flaky'...i bet your right on the money with the wiring thang.

cyas
rc
trailer lights ,thats a whole different world,could drive you to drink,lol, about 95% of the time it is a grounding problem,trailer lights are positive from the bottom and ground throught the brass sides.alot of times you can get away with just removeing the bulb and putting it back after cleaning the turminals.sometimes you have to modify it by sqeezing the sides in alittle to get a good ground.if that didnt cure the problem,now you have to start following the wires.alot of times the wires come out of the light and go to a connection ,either wire nuts,or blue crimp on connection,(these two methods are the worst for trailers)take these connections apart clean wire ends witha small wire brush and put back together.the best way to fix this probem is to solder the end and cover the connection with heat shrink tube,this with make the connection water tight.if a wire goes to the frame with a screw or bolt,loosen the it and retighten.follow the rest of the wireing checking for cracks in the insulation,most of the time you would have to cut thatr section out and replace it with ths solder joints.if all else fails replace light
[signature]
My Tracker is a 94 with a newer Merc 25 on it. It runs great. Like TomC was saying, check your wiring. I just went ahead and replaced mine. It doesn't take long, just use the old wire to pull through the new, attach the wires, a little solder, and you're done. I am having problems with my trolling motor connection, but it's a simple fix, just replace the female plug on the boat side. I just wore it out is all. Make sure you keep spare spark plugs on the boat and a way to change them, especially if the motor is a two stroke. I've fouled a many, and it sucks waiting for a boat to come by to pull you in. Other than that, you wouldn't believe the crap i've run over in that boat, she's still running strong. I've run a ground on oyster beds in the inlet, nearly flipped it on stumps and trees hidden under water, and drug it through swamps and sloughs. Those boats will be around long after the fiber glass ones of that same year model are gone. You got a good deal, enjoy your new ride!
[signature]