Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks Dad
If I had to choose the greatest thing my father has passed on to me it would be the joy of fishing. My earliest memories are of my Dad and I walking to a spot near our old house at Balmain , in Sydney Harbour, Australia. I was about five or six then and I have vivid memories of those after school trips.<br>My brothers and I were taught at an early age to respect the ocean and appreciate its magical qualities. <br>I'm thirty six now and still love to fish. Even though favourite fishing spots have come and gone over the years there is still one spot that stands alone for me. About three or four years ago I went back to that same spot my Dad and I used to fish all those years ago and to this day, at least once a fortnight, thats where you'll find me, sitting on the bank with a high tide rolling in and a rising sun lighting up the morning sky.<br>Even though progress has changed the surrounding scenery, when I gaze into the sea waiting for my line to tighten it looks the same as it did thirty years ago.<br>It seems that my Dads love of fishing has also rubbed off onto my Mum over the years because even though we dont live close to that spot any more, its me that loads the car and takes the excited "oldies", fishing these days. I wonder if he realises what a priceless gift he gave to us ? <br><br><br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com