Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday drive
i had to do the Sunday drive thing. Did not really have any plans, just knew i didn't want to go anywhere, didn't want to stay at home, and didn't want to be anywhere...guess the Lord knows what i mean.

let's see, went by Old Hickory Lake and the Dam. There's usually a lot of folks on the generator side parked at the first creek that runs in the cumberland...not today...they had all moved up toward the dam. I'm guessing the Stripers were running or everyone was hoping, not sure as i didn't check in with anyone.

I drove to several boat ramps and watched the birds...ran into a group of large turkeys...which my boxer greatly enjoyed barking at.

I did chuck my $4 rapala a couple times (shad imitation) at one of the boat ramps...i was greeted by a snag-up and quickly lost my lure...hmmm..prolly should have went to church..sorry Lord.

Off i went to Center Hill....yes a long ways away, but i had the day to kill...... WOW, that's a BIG dam! I hung out on the lower side of the dam for a while and some other dude seemed to be taking a lunch break. I went over and made nice.. He informed me that all the boats and such were goin after rainbows..i said "cool". I asked if shad ever ran below the dam..and he said "sure, all the time". So i thought i would grab a shad or two and then go above the dam and hang out on a large flat rock or something.

No shad to be found, but i did get to practice with my throwing net a bit.

I decided i should drive back toward the house a bit and ended up on 109 moving toward gallatin. Hit up a nice mom and pop fishing store and they hooked me up with a few crickets. Figured i would find i shallow spot and grab a few gills.

Found a small state park, dunked some crickets and brought home one poor man's meal of gills..got the skillet warming up and the fillets on in the salted ice water.

Not an exciting day, but i made a few rounds. Not sure what i will do next weekend..the steam plant run is gettin kinda old, despite the rockfish run.

cyas
rc
I will take a mess of blue gills over any other fish any day of the week. MMMMM MMM good.[Tongue]

how much snow did you run in to? I heard it was comming down fairly heavy.
[signature]
i did not see any snow, i think it was much further east. It was pretty nice when the wind did not kick up.

laterz
rc