Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YUK, I HATE FISHIN'
So I'd seen the title to this category many times and thought "Yuk, I hate fishing". I know nothing about fishing. Upon further reflection I thought, hey I do know abit about fishing so here goes.<br><br>About 8 years ago I was introduced to the world of fishing when my husband bought a new Stejcraft "Seasport" boat, which he named after our two daughters called the "Elly-Jo". I hate boats, they scare me. Oh, did I mention I hate fishing ?.<br><br>We would go out together sometimes, and fish in Port Philip Bay - Victoria, Australia. Rarely would you see me fishing though. I'd recline back in my chair, sip on my selection of wine for the day, and just marvel at the beautiful impression the sun had left on the waters. Ahh breath taking.<br><br>We would also head off to Metung, another beautiful place in Victoria. We would always go with another couple (good friends). While the men were out fishing, my girlfriend and I would relish in the surrounds of this two storey townhouse situated right on the banks of the Metung River. Ahh breath taking. I remember one of the few times my friend and I went with the men, she was casting out her line when we heard abit of a thud. She had cast far back and hit my husband in the head with the sinker. We just could not stop laughing.<br><br>Several trips and years later, I talked my husband into selling the "Elly-Jo" and buying a bigger fishing boat. My motto was and still is, hey, you only live once. That boat took us to places like Bermagui and Eden. Eden was a stunning place. This time our accommodation was a motel pirched high on a cliff, over-looking the coast off New South Wales. Ahh breath taking.<br><br>Never would you see me clean, gut, or eat the fish that was caught. Yuk. Oh, did I mention I hate fishing ?.<br><br>Anyway, about 5 years ago I was told I definitely needed two hip relacements. At the time I was 33. I have had this condition since birth so I knew it was ineviatable. I thought my life was over. I'll never be able to do anything. Not that I could anyway. I thought that's it. What have I always wanted to do - with my own hip bones in tact ? PARASAILING !!!!! Before I knew it, we were on a plane to Hamilton Island. A beautiful island off the coast of Queensland. Among many things that we did, including my Parasailing, we hired a little TINNIE and went FISHING AGAIN !!!!! Oh, did I mention that I hate fishing ?.<br><br>And finally, another beautiful fishing destination, Port Douglas - far north Queensland.<br><br>While I might protest everytime we go fishing, it has taken us to many far away places that have all been breath taking. It has also given us many happy memories with family and friends.<br><br>I suppose I don't really hate fishing all that much.<br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com