Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carters Lake Report

1/20/03
The lake is clear and water temps are 42 degrees.

SRTIPERS: striper fishing is still very good, lots of fish are holding on long tapering points and reefs all over the main lake. with the colder water temps the fish have move deeper on the points (30 to 45ft) and the umbrella rig bite has fallen off in favor of live baits such as large shinners, trout, or shad. we have been boating an average
of 8 to 10 fish ranging from 2 to 15 lbs on our 5hr trips by downlining large shinners, 25 to 40 ft deep. and the afternoon bite seems to be best.
Just find a long point or hump thats holding a good concentration of bait nearby and look for the fish to be near bootom off the end or to the sides and set your baits down just a few feet over them.

SPOTTED BASS: No real changes, Spotted bass fishing is still Good, look for blowdowns on the steep rocky banks in the coosawatee river and creeks on the north end of the lake. fish them with a texas rig finesse worm (green pumpkin or red bug) or a brown or black 1/4 oz jig and #11
prok frog. the fish will vary in depths from 5 to 40ft depending on weather conditions and lake levels so fish the bait from the bank all the way down into the tops until you determine the depth the fish are holding and keep in mind that it may change as the day progresses. with the cold water temps the key is to fish them really slow and keep the
bait down in the limbs as long as you can. a dropshot rig in the same places has been good also.
If we get several warm days in a row, look for some fish to start moving up into the backs of creeks and pockets.

For more info or to book a trip
contact Jeff Hughes at 770 735 2625
or check out our website at
www.carterslakefishing.com
[signature]
how far are you from atlanta, ?

I have a buddy there who is wanting to go out for stripers next summer, if you are with in his travling range I will turn him on to you,

he dosnt have a computer but I will be happy to pass your phone number to him.
[signature]
I'm about 50 miles north of Atlanta. Thanks!

Jeff
[signature]
how's the fishing been ?
[signature]
It's a little inconsistant but good over all, we fished 5hrs
yesterday and picked up 3 stripes from 12 to 18 lbs and a couple nice spotted bass.
[signature]
WELL YOU DID A LOT BETTER THAN ME TODAY , I COUGHT THE SAME LOG OVER AND OVER AGAIN , MAN CAN THOES LOGS EAT UP YOUR TACKLE !
[signature]