Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Spot Next To My Dad
I’ve never been much of a fisherperson. My dad’s the fisherman. He loves to catch them. I love to eat them. His favorite place to be is out in the ocean somewhere. He fishes in the north pacific but probably any ocean would do. He likes to catch the really big ones; sturgeon, albacore, halibut, but he’ll settle for steel head, cod, sea bass, red snapper; almost anything that wiggles and will grab hold of his line. <br><br>For my part, I’ll say nothing tastes better then fresh catch fish. And if you catch it, I’ll gladly cook it for you anyway you want it as long as I get some, too.<br><br>I lived in Tennessee for 5 years. Tennessee is located in just about the center of the United States and it ‘s land locked. Which is to say there isn’t an ocean near by. They have lots of rivers, creeks and streams and you can get some good catfish and crawdads but none of those really good ocean fish previously mentioned. <br><br>I remember when I first moved back to Oregon and I went to visit my parents, who live along the Oregon coast. They had a big fish meal with several choices of fish along with some dungeness crab (which is only found on the west coast and taste remarkably like lobster). I gorged myself. I know I ate three crab before I even said much of a hello. I had missed all that good fish for five years. I guess I thought I needed to catch up on the first visit.<br><br>Any time my dad comes to visit he brings me a new supply or if I go to visit him I bring an empty cooler to fill with fresh fish. So even though I don’t fish myself, my favorite fishing spot is anywhere I’ll find my Dad, because I know he’ll have fish a plenty.<br><br><br> <br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com