Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To fish........or to ride! Hmmm?
"O.K. family! We are all getting up at 4.30 tomorrow morning to go fishing! No, I don't want to hear any arguments, and I will drag you out of bed if I have to!"<br><br>"But Muuuummm!"<br><br>Well, the weather had been glorious all week, and it was now the weekend. We had been going fishing quite a bit lately, but never seemed to catch anything. Hubby would suggest we take the boat out around Lunch time, but by three o'clock we still hadn't caught anything, and the kids were bored.<br><br>I know, 'The Early Bird Catches the Worm', I thought. Surely we HAVE to catch something if we go out early (like the real fisherman do. Right?)<br><br>I did well, I had the whole family in the car, and we were driving out the driveway by 5.15am. The boat ramp is only 10 minutes down the road, so we were in the boat and ready before 5.45am!<br><br>By 11.00am, the kids were whinging, hubby was getting sunburnt and bored, but I was loving the sun, and my book! We didn't catch one single fish, and I don't think we even got a bite!<br><br>Pumistone Passage (between Bribie Island and the East Coast of Oz) is our favourite fishing spot. Not because we catch alot of fish, but because it is so close!<br><br>Just lately, Hubby has been talking about selling the boat and buying our dream machine......a Honda Goldwing motorbike. (I'd gladly give up the fish for that!)<br><br><br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com