Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hervey Bay
This is not necessarily my favourite fishing spot........actually it is quite pathetic really!!<br><br>About 3 weeks ago, I convinced my family to go away for a weekend break up the coast. The weather had been really cold, so I thought 2 hours further north for a couple of days would warm us up a bit. <br><br>Hervey Bay is a lovely spot, and during the right time of year, you can go out and watch the whales migrate. <br><br>Anyway, Hervey Bay also has one of the longest Piers I have ever seen. We had taken our fishing rods with us, and early in the morning of day 2, we bought some bait and set out to catch dinner. We went to the pier and joined dozens of locals who were also fishing.<br><br>After about 2 or 3 hours, and not even getting a nibble, we decided to give it away and pack up. Chinese food was looking good for dinner.<br><br>We packed up our stuff and left. The rest of the day was spent shopping, site seeing, dreaming about buying a holiday house in the area, go-kart racing etc. <br><br>Later in the afternoon, we drove past the pier again, and noticed no water in the bay. The tide had gone out. <br><br>Why is the pier so long in Hervey Bay?<br><br>Because there is no water in Hervey Bay!<br><br>How is anyone suppose to catch fish in 3 inches of water??<br><br><br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com