Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cause I know fun!
My cousins never did like taking me with them when they went hunting or fishing. They were older than I was and I was a tag along.<br>They would try real hard to hide their fishing equiptment in the woods and slip off and leave me behind. It never worked. All I had to do was let one of the dogs loose and a good coon hound can do the rest. <br>Well, when the boys would hear the dog a carrying on they knew it was no use they couldn't out run him and there wasn't any way of loosing him. They would give up and wait till I caught up to them. <br>"Girl" my cousin Dale would say " why cant you just stay home with the other girls?" And I would always reply "cause those girls don't know fun."<br>Those days were special. You could dip your toes in the cool creek and let the minnows nibble your toes. You could skip rocks clear across the pond. <br>I've gone back to the creek and the pond since growing up...I can still hear "She ain't gonna bring it in its too big" or the laughter after falling into the pond and comming up covered in green scum.<br>My husband and I now live on the lake. When ever he can't find me he knows to look down by the lake and there I will be a pail of minnows, a box of worms, rod, reel and a Smile.<br>It doesn't matter if I bring in a four pound large mouth or if I bring in a two ounce perch. I know fun!!!<br><br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com