Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me And Rod .... Down By The River
Where is my favourite fishing spot? In the South Island of New Zealand, miles from ‘anywhere’, where the trout run wild and free beneath a slow-moving, icy-cold stream, while the air remains crisp and unpolluted! With the welcome arrival of spring, I wouldn’t wish to be anywhere else on earth!<br><br>Apart from my trusted ‘rod’ and tackle, I am alone; although I am far from being lonesome, as I have the untouched environment to keep me company. Through puffs of cloud hanging around a sunny early afternoon sky, a hawk is happily soaring the thermals, and as it does so, its beady eyes latch onto my activities in the hope of a free lunch! <br><br>Through the reeds I leave the soft, muddy embankment, and as my leggings become immersed in the crystal-clear knee-deep water, a shiver races through my body! After resting momentarily at a rocky outcrop in mid-stream, I close my eyes as I feel the warmth of the sunshine on my face. All of a sudden, I am aware of music nearby! Where is it coming from ….? <br><br>I lazily open my eyes; glance upwards and through a haze of unfocused vision, the credits are rolling off the screen in front of me!<br><br>Damn! The dreamy background music sent me asleep once AGAIN during ‘A River Somewhere’ … one of my favourite fishing programmes on television!<br><br>But what a delightful dream it was!<br><br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com