Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Lakes
There is good fishing in the beautiful Kentucky lakes. Whenever possible, my brother would talk Mom and Dad into going out into his boat with him where they would quietly fish, now and then munching on cheese, fruit and crackers. I think the munching was the highlight of these trips! My mother (who has suffered painfully in her back for two decades) never mentioned to my brother that she absolutely hated going out in that boat or that she was relieved when it was finally sold. Although fishing has never been Mom's love, wanting to be with her kids makes her do things to please us, even if involves having to wear a child's small life jacket and sitting miserably (and uncomplainingly) for hours.<br><br>My favorite spot is lovely, shady, full of bass. The bass like certain types of insects and many are lured into danger when these bugs hop across the water. I heard a man explaining to a group of children as they watched him fish for bass that the devil knows just what kind of insect (temptation) to use on us and lure us out of our safe places into his danger. He was trying to teach them to be wary just as some of the bass he was fishing for had become. Like my brother, I don't care anything about actually catching the fish...just experiencing the peaceful surroundings and going back home relaxed is enough enjoyment in itself. <br><br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com