Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The lost art of "hogging
I was brought up fishing as it has long been a favorite family activity.<br>The most exciting fishing technique my dad taught me was called "hogging for carpe". This was a very popular type of fish catching along the Ohio river in the Spring after the back water goes down.<br>Along the banks and in the fields found in pools from the receding flood waters Carpe are spawning at the time. The task of catching them is tricky, wading into the water, leaning over them and taking your thumbs and jamming them in the gills of the fish. Very QUICKLY toss<br>your catch on the bank. I stress, Very QUICKLY as a 20 to 30pound Carpe can put up quite a fight, resulting in bruising between your knees.<br>This was a very anticipated event each year for my dad and I as we had contest as to who would snag the biggest catch. <br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com
not tryin 2 B a smart ace R disrespectful butt we call that another way of fishin down here n fla...hoggin we load up da DAWGs n hook up da BLOWboat.....Bsafe!..........C-Ya!.........<br><br>