Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport
The dwr report says that Rockport is frozen over but it has been very warm this week. Does anyone have current conditions? I'm thinking about heading up there tomorrow but don't really want to fall throught the ice. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Hoosier
[signature]
Teroy made a post about utahoutdoors fishbytes, it said the ice was good and so was the fishing, sorry no first hand information. WH2
[signature]
I went to Rockport on Saturday morning and the fishing was kinda slow. The ice is cloudy on top but there was 4 inches of good clear ice underneath. The edges were kind of iffy. Some guy on a three wheeler thought if he could just go fast enough he would break through the soft stuff and be able to get on the ice. What actually happened though was that the front wheel hit the solid ice and he just flipped the thing right over. Not the smartest thing I've ever seen. Anyway, I caught two small rainbows in about twenty feet of water on a rat finky. I moved deeper to about 50 feet of water and caught two 12 in perch which was really nice. I also caught a very good sized rainbow. All the fish were caught right on the bottom. From what I saw fishing out deeper was the key. I had to leave kind of early or else I think I could have caught more perch. I was still getting bites.

Hoosier
[signature]

Thanks for the report on Rockport,thats the first i've heard from there.
So on that flip, 0-10, how entertaining?
[signature]