Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing report for sulfer creek? Anchoring ice shacks?
Can anyone tell me where I can get a contour map of sulpher creek res. or at least a current fishing report? I am thinking about going to the derby for the first time. Also can anyone tell me how to anchor my shack so it won't blow away. Thanks in advance

Cableguy
[signature]
Drill a couple of extra holes, tie short pieces of rope to the shack at the upwind corners, tie a 12" stick on the other end of the rope, slide the stick through the hole and turn side ways.

They also sell ice screws that look like lag bolts with an eye at the top. I've never used them, because the sticks are easy and cheap.

fdg
[signature]
I have the lag bolts (purchased them at Angler's Inn) and they work great.
[signature]
Try pouring water on the top of the stakes and let it freeze in place. Can't find any fishing reports on Sulphur Creek. I'm going to the tourney. Good Luck!!
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys. Just asking because at the derby you can put your shack out on the ice the day before, however I hear the wind can get howling through there. I just don't want to lose my shack.

Can anyone else help me find a current fishing report for sulfer creek?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]Plenty of [/font][url "http://www.etownchamber.com/Businesses/Lodging/lodging.html"][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff]accommodations[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"] are available in Evanston.[/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"]contact any one of the lodging units, I hear that they take ice fishing serious in this town !![/font]
[signature]
[shocked] [#800000][size 3]Doh, you won't find a good fishing report at Sulpher Creek-good fishing doesn't exist up there(lol). [/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 3]The Derby is a big party. If the weather is nice you'll get to meet alot nice people(and a few drunks). Two years ago, this guy caught a tagged fish. His prize money paid for his DUI that he got on the way home.[/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 3]The wind gets real bad. I've seen tents, ice tents, and shantys sail across the ice when it gets bad. Last year, we called it a day at 11:00 am on day two because the wind/cold turned the lake into a lunar landscape. We brought 2 ice tents, 4 heaters(2 superheaters), a campchef, and ton of food and we just quit early. I the fish were biting we would of stayed. Its just that we caught 6 fish in 3 years, so we decided to go to Strawberry. [/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 3]tomegun-retired derby frozen fisherman[/size][/#800000]
[signature]