Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell
Well the spawn has started at Powell and the fishing is great for all the crapple are BIG and lots of them and the bass are biting....

We fished for four days of fishing we got about 30 to 40 fish per day the crapple from 12 to 16" and bass from 6 to 21" long Tom got the biggest LM and I the biggest SM .....

We booth caught crapple and had a ball I will try to get the pictures to Tube Dude yes I got it right this time Tube Dude as soon as I can..
We used Gulp minnows and green pumpkin gubs on a MOJO dropshot and rock hopper and sink-os with the freeformfishing.com wacke-os rig..
I tried to see how long or how many fish I could get on one sink-o but after only 12 bass I snaged up and had to brake off...

The bass are bedding now and you can find lots of fish in from 6" of water to 40' of water so there is something for all...
Good fishing and have fun...[cool][Wink]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15597;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15598;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15599;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15600;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15601;]
[signature]
Which part of the lake (Canyon areas) were you fishing?
[signature]
Bullfrog and up to warm spring and back...

[signature]
[Wink]I am headed to Powell on Wednesday the 26th and will fish until Sunday the 30th. NOt sure yet if we want to go North or South. We will pick up are house boat at Bullfrog and tow the fishing boats from there. Last year we went up to cedar and stayed there. fished north to good hope and south back to hansen.

Thinking about going down to the Rincon this year and parking the house boat there, Then fishing out from there each day. Iceberg down to Escelante.

What do you think from being down there this year already?

RILEY
[signature]
Thanks for the report, waiting for the pics <g>.
How well did the glup hold up?
[signature]
Rincon to Escalante should be good at the backs. Gulps held up great...in most cases 3-5 fish off each minnows, but the senko's seemed to get bigger fish.
[signature]
Sounds like a very sweet trip! Wish I could afford the gas to get down there! Maybe if I start hitching tomorrow, I can make it before the end of the spawn!
[signature]
Well next weekend we will be heading back down to battle the big ones again....

[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great report! Wish I could make it down to Powell every other week or so like you. Can't wait for the pics.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Got the pics and got them posted for you. Nice fish, but I am disappointed. You did not include a picture of the green pumpkin "gubs" you were using. Is that a new top secret bass bait that you are field testing?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry, ol' buddy. You are an easy target. Like a lot of us you type faster than you think sometimes...or verse vicea. I non't donw the differmunce my own self.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The pic of that slab crappie brings back some memories. In the "olden days" (as you remember) we used to catch hundreds of those under the tumble weed piles in the backs of the bays. Caught a lot of them on big crankbaits and spinnerbaits we were throwing for the more abundant largies then too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Let me explain what a "gub" is. It really is a new top secret lure that we're testing since Jimmy Houston likes to kiss his bass.... So...I can't really give you all the details, but...

I ran out of green pumpkin grubs and happened to be chewing some gum...so I took a piece of grub and stuck it together with the gum and smooshed it on my hook...hence the name "gub".

The fish seemed to really enjoy chewing on it, plus they didn't have any fish breath. Jimmy should be impressed...

Since I'm a single finger typist and the spell check really doesn't help much...I probably do think faster than my finger...but only slightly. [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Perfectly logical explanation...for a fisherman.[/#0000ff]
[signature]